Thread: M550i build
View Single Post
      02-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #13
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaozinho View Post
Yep. The Morning Charlotte left Bremerhaven on Jan-27. Supposed to arrive Port Hueneme (LA) on Feb-24 by way of Zeebrugge, Southampton, and Baltimore.

I figured your build might go overland from Baltimore to Knoxville.

Thanks for posting the details on your build and timeline. My build has all packages except DHP. I went Alpine White, Black Nappa, Burl Walnut, and stock wheels/tires. I skipped the backseat stuff but got the sunshade, fancy instrument cluster, and B&W. For me, comfort was a bigger priority than pure performance. Not that the M550i will be a slouch in the latter department...

I'm not sure if I got lucky with my dealer having an allocation or the package/option/color specifics make a difference. But here's my timeline:

Dec-24 -- Order placed (There is a Santa Claus!)
Jan-16 -- Build scheduled for completion
Jan-19* -- Status: Otis Redding (sitting on the dock of the bay)
Jan-30* -- On the Morning Charlotte (In the English Channel when I checked)

The asterisks indicate the two times I called BMW Genius.
I still don't have a boat yet. My dealer confirmed the car is at a port waiting on a boat. There is conflicting info on my car finish date. Originally BMW Genius stated 1/19, but my dealer said today it was not done until 1/24 and there was a hang-up. I think in reality the definition of done just might be different as BMW Genius said my car left the factory on 1/24. Either way I am at 9 days since it left the factory. I want on a boat!!

Your car sounds like it will have a classic look white on black with stock wheels. You will be a sleeper!
Appreciate 0