View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 07:52 AM   #14
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
I'm in the middle of cleaning my gutters and installing filtered gutter guards. I get my big leaf dump in the spring from the oaks and another one in the fall. As I'm still getting a little bit falling from the trees, I'll say I'm not entirely impressed.

The filter seems to grab whatever is falling and hold it on top of the filter. So, yes, it is keeping the junk out of the gutters, but it is holding it there. This is causing a lot of the water to have an "extra" filter to go through and pushes water over the edge of the gutter as it comes down faster than the filter can allow it to go through. Now that there is a pile of junk, the water that comes over the guard is staining my driveway the color of the junk.

Benefits: I won't have to clean out my gutters.
Drawbacks: I still have to get up on a ladder and get rid of the junk on top of the filter periodically - so clean my gutters still, but not.
I don't have guards on mine but get advertisements for them all the time. Your experience confirms what I always wondered about....the gutters are [whole] leaf-less but the filters become the next clog potential.