VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mqmh23 View Post
Same issue here. Can't add my vehicle on the connected drive app and CarPlay completely disappeared as an option on my connected drive on my screen in my M550i. Coincidentally, my car was in service for oil change today, and the service department had no clue what was going on and need me to schedule a followup appointment. I'm going to contact BMW assist/genius tomorrow and see if they can sort this out. Saw on another thread to update BMW assist and hard reboot Idrive by holding down power button for 10-20 seconds with the ignition on. Will try that tomorrow and report back.
It's not the app. The entire service is down. BMW Assist can't even access anyone's vehicles. They are trying to perform an upgrade of the entire system

From someone that's in enterprise IT, I can tell you right now they performed a system upgrade which did not go smoothly and they're still trying to recover. They'll inform you over the phone that they're doing a system upgrade, but system upgrades are not typically done in the middle of the week or take this long with no ETA.

I think we can all agree that anything would be an improvement.
Appreciate 1
mqmh2319.50