Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8CDT View Post

Now with the BMW Connected team to investigate, but the fact they asked me to tell them the current software version but navigating to the Remote Update menu which despite the car having IDrive 7 and the new live cockpit, is not active in the car .... hopefully they will have an answer as I really like the app and had no issues with previous cars, and as I say the other car works fine, so that's why I think it's a problem in the car only communicating occasionally to the BMW servers.

Other than this really enjoying the drive .... 😊
I have the same issues with my 530e / Connected Drive. It’s not very reassuring to see that BMW’s Connected team are still not aware that the ID7 in the G30’s don’t have Remote Software Update - they asked me the same question. That is a real mess - I have seen an official BMW document saying the version of ID7 in the G30’s will never have RSU but Connected says its an available service and if you follow the link it says the car already has it. The Drivers Guide & printed manual also says it has it and so do Customer Support !
Ouch!

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1