01-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #21
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
I have the same issues with my 530e / Connected Drive. It’s not very reassuring to see that BMW’s Connected team are still not aware that the ID7 in the G30’s don’t have Remote Software Update - they asked me the same question. That is a real mess - I have seen an official BMW document saying the version of ID7 in the G30’s will never have RSU but Connected says its an available service and if you follow the link it says the car already has it. The Drivers Guide & printed manual also says it has it and so do Customer Support !
Where do you see the RSU listed in the Connected app? I have a 2020 M550i and don't see anything in the (iOS) app. Definitely not showing in the "Enabled Features" section of the app. I also don't see it on the web site. It comes up a something "recommended". Clicking the link in the recommended area doesn't show that it's already present on my car. In fact, the only thing remotely helpful that it states on the page is:

Whether your vehicle is capable of receiving and installing software upgrades via Remote Software Upgrade depends on the hardware built into the vehicle. You can find out whether your vehicle is capable of Remote Software Upgrade by checking the following menu in iDrive.

1. “CAR
2. “Settings”
3. “General Settings”
4. “Remote Software Upgrade”
If “Remote Software Upgrade” does not display, the vehicle is not capable of Remote Software Upgrade.
Appreciate 0