View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 09:10 AM   #310
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1newbmwowner View Post
My car with the optional 20" wheels came with the Michelin Pilot performance run flat summer tires. I live in PA, so a change of tires will be necessary for the winter.

Michelin and Continental both make all season performance tires that fit my car. The other option would be to buy the a winter wheel/tire package from BMW. That way I could change the tires myself instead of having to go to a tire shop and then worry about trying to fit 4 tires into my car for the ride home.

Bud
I live in NJ, so I need to do a winter package also. For my 2018 M550, I bought the BMW winter package that came with a 19" wheels in a square setup with Pirelli Sottozero run flats. I changed them at home in my garage, no problem. I plan to use them for my 2021.

I would caution you about the Sottozeros, however... In each of the three winters, I had a bubble in one by the end of the season and needed to wait to have it replaced until the following November, since those tires are usually only available from September until they run out of stock which can be Feb or March. I actually have one in the basement now with a bubble. The good news it that these are covered either by a BMW wheel and tire insurance (they need to be installed on the car that has the coverage), or by Pirelli's 12 month warranty. I did not buy the insurance this time and the tire I need to have replaced should be covered by Pirelli, but we shall see.
Appreciate 0