1newbmwowner
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbo56 View Post
I live in NJ, so I need to do a winter package also. For my 2018 M550, I bought the BMW winter package that came with a 19" wheels in a square setup with Pirelli Sottozero run flats. I changed them at home in my garage, no problem. I plan to use them for my 2021.

I would caution you about the Sottozeros, however... In each of the three winters, I had a bubble in one by the end of the season and needed to wait to have it replaced until the following November, since those tires are usually only available from September until they run out of stock which can be Feb or March. I actually have one in the basement now with a bubble. The good news it that these are covered either by a BMW wheel and tire insurance (they need to be installed on the car that has the coverage), or by Pirelli's 12 month warranty. I did not buy the insurance this time and the tire I need to have replaced should be covered by Pirelli, but we shall see.
Thanks good to hear. Thanks.

I purchased the wheel/tire insurance for the last four cars that I leased. All were Audis. In 12 years, I had one wheel and 1 tire replaced.

This is my first BMW and I purchased this car. I did not buy the wheel/tire insurance based on my previous experiences.

I will check out the BMW 19” wheel/tire packages as this seems like a more convenient option when compared to switching tires on the same wheels twice a year.

Bud
Appreciate 0