08-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
The 4 series is wider than the 3series so the delta between the M3 and the 3 series is bigger than the delta between the 4series and the M4 in terms of fender arches. See images below...
I am with gmcconn535, those little differences don't mean much to most, just to us who pay attention to every detail of our cars. I cannot tell the difference of any Merc or Audi for example, I sometime wonder what model one that is nice looking on the road, I just don't pay attention to MB or Audi models.

And for me, the M4 looking similar to the regular 4 series is what draws me into it, I see that as a benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinYellowMakesMeHard View Post
1. It looks too much like a a regular 3/4 series with an M sport kit. At least it does so in pictures and videos. People who have seen both cars in real life, could you confirm or dispute this for me?

2. Why not just buy a 335i and tune it? Yeah I know that the chassis is better and it's lighter etc. but I don't track so without the s65 engine that set the m3 apart from the 335i in the past what reason is there for a person with avg driving skills to buy one?
I maintain that buying any car for us enthusiasts is more emotional than logical. If you are looking for logical reasoning, I really doubt you will find it, you need to follow your heart if it is not driving you into bankruptcy.

However, I really doubt that you will enjoy the extra benefits/features/capabilities an M4 has if you just going to drive on the street. You cannot even exploit the performance potential of 435 on the street, so everything else is not very meaningful IMHO. I personally think if you already have a 428, why would you change it?

I have this type of conversations with clients and friends about Porsche a lot. I tell them if they want to just experience Porsche and not go wild from time to time, a base Cayman or Boxster will meet their needs. I suspect it is the same with BMW. If you want more sporty character and a change out of BMW, then do consider a Boxster or Cayman IMO.
Appreciate 0