BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Drivetrain error

11-23-2022, 05:42 AM   #1
Funk
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530i SE

Drivetrain error

Another day, another issue...

Last night the car threw a drivetrain warning error, telling me not to turn off the car as it might not restart again and to drive straight up my nearest service partner. As it was midnight and I needed to get home I just got back and parked up.

The car started and drove fine this morning but the navigation is now just continually showing 'Loading'. Pressing Nav or Map does nothing.

I'm not sure if the two are related, however the earliest the dealer can take it in is 12th Dec to investigate the drivetrain warning (assuming it's logged a code) and I'd rather not be driving around without Nav for nearly 3 weeks. Any ideas if these things are linked or just chance?

Last edited by Funk; 11-23-2022 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk View Post
Another day, another issue...

Last night the car threw a drivetrain warning error, telling me not to turn off the car as I might not restart again and to drive straight up my nearest service partner. As it was midnight and I needed to get home I just got back and parked up.

The car started and drove fine this morning but the navigation is now just continually showing 'Loading'. Pressing Nav or Map does nothing.

I'm not sure if the two are related, however the earliest the dealer can take it in is 12th Dec to investigate the drivetrain warning (assuming it's logged a code) and I'd rather not be driving around without Nav for nearly 3 weeks. Any ideas if these things are linked or just chance?

Get yourself MHD wifi adapter and Protools app and scan the car yourself for error codes. Every BMW owner should have a code reader
      11-25-2022, 10:45 AM   #3
karich
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

maybe your Fsc have flown off ?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 02:47 PM   #4
Funk
Rep

No idea. Forum member shawnsheridan kindly tried to help diagnose things but without the right tools and a laptop etc we agreed there's very little I can do. I'm going to just use Google on my phone instead until the dealer can look at the car.

All the issues I've had with it in such a short space of time have resulted in my decision to get it sorted as best I can and move it on. I'm going to get something else - and I have a few weeks to search for a replacement car.

BMW sent a feedback survey on my 'used car purchase experience' and I was polite but honest. It's been a pretty shit experience if I'm frank - I've had more go wrong with this car in 400 miles than I think I've had with any previous car I've owned and I don't care enough about the car to expend the time and energy on it.

Last edited by Funk; 12-12-2022 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 02:03 PM   #5
Funk
Rep

Update on this; the car was in with the dealer on the 12th and they found that no error code was logged for the drivetrain issue so it's unknown what caused it. There was other remedial work carried out to sort the Nav with loads of stuff updated so hopefully the car's happy again.
Appreciate 0