BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Variable damper replacement

11-11-2021, 06:40 PM   #1
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Has anyone ever had a single variable damper fail and get stuck permanently in hard mode?

Pretty sure my rear left is stuck in sport/hard constantly, definitely feels like it and the car shakes laterally due imbalance between shocks right to left at slow speeds.

Put it in sport mode and car is much more stable with less shaking as the right shocks seems to catch up a little by getting harder and the left just stays the same.

Noticeable on uneven roads at slow speeds and over speed bumps.

Thinking of changing it but wondering if anyone else ever had this. No fault codes and as some of you know my VDP was replaced by me a few months ago so it not a control or current issue.

Had this weird lateral shaking since I bought the car but after doing a lot more commuting now our office is back open think I feel where it's coming from finally.

Think the compression valve is probably stuck closed which makes that shock super hard.
Appreciate 0