E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > TvandNav2go install 2morrow.Very Confusing! Longtran,Xcalibur,Nptcrew please help!!!

10-23-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

TvandNav2go install 2morrow.Very Confusing! Longtran,Xcalibur,Ntpcrew please help!!!

So i'm getting my tvandnav2go unit installed tomorrow by an audio shop and i figured i would print out xcalibur's DIY. First off it's like 80 pages long when you try to print it out and it's very very very confusing since it different methods for different things are all over the thread.
I just want to say first off thank you for the DIY but a little more help would be greatly appreciated.
Basically is there a clear cut 2-3-4 page DIY somewhere that explains every step perfectly? Meaning getting power to the unit without cutting anything, getting audio from the aux input. I have the new unit with the idrive controller and i haven't seen or read anything about that ( unit/install) here.
Also this DIY was done quite a while ago on a E90 versus my E92. Does that make a difference?
And lastly for the moment i will only be connecting my ipod video no dvd player... What are the steps for that?
Any help on all this or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly greatly appreciated and i'm even willing to paypal someone a few bucks if they can help me out.

Thank you.

Last edited by youyou; 10-23-2007 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

No One???
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
i will try to help you out. i will see if i can kind of write a quick diy on the whole install. i wont be able to do it until later tonight though.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13 View Post
i will try to help you out. i will see if i can kind of write a quick diy on the whole install. i wont be able to do it until later tonight though.
I sent you a pm...
Thankx alot for actually thinking of taking time out of your day to writ up a quick DIY for me...
I installed it today and all works flawlessly.
I'll be posting some pics a little later...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435icp

any follow-up on this one? I just got mine today and the instructions are very hard to follow.

youyou or ntpcrew, would you mind forwarding those instructions along?

Thank you, gentlemen.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
any follow-up on this one? I just got mine today and the instructions are very hard to follow.

youyou or ntpcrew, would you mind forwarding those instructions along?

Thank you, gentlemen.
pm sent!!!

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

reply PM sent back! lol

also, if anyone knows where the reverse cameras can be had for reasonable prices, let me know. :-)
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
reply PM sent back! lol

also, if anyone knows where the reverse cameras can be had for reasonable prices, let me know. :-)
um.. i can tell u that too!!! haha. aim me at ntpcrew13. i added u, but i dont see u.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

signing on now. :-)
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #10
giem
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

hey buddy, make sure when they install the unit they tap the right power source. if they do it wrong, ure battery will be drained and in about 6-9 months, your battery will drain and cause DSC malfunction along with other system errors. the fuse tap doesn't work either, those fuses always stay on even when the car is sleeping. good luck and don't lose anything, tv nav 2 go doesn't send replacement cables and want you to buy another kit. ask all the questions before u buy it, they r hard to reach because of east coast time and the tech works part time. cya
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 03:21 AM   #11
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengiem View Post
hey buddy, make sure when they install the unit they tap the right power source. if they do it wrong, ure battery will be drained and in about 6-9 months, your battery will drain and cause DSC malfunction along with other system errors. the fuse tap doesn't work either, those fuses always stay on even when the car is sleeping. good luck and don't lose anything, tv nav 2 go doesn't send replacement cables and want you to buy another kit. ask all the questions before u buy it, they r hard to reach because of east coast time and the tech works part time. cya
Who told you that tapping in with a fuse tap doesn't work?
When the car is off, so is the fuse tap. It may take a while for the car to turn off but eventually it does. The key is to tap into the right fuse
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #12
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

BZsBimmer, what fuses did you tap on your '07?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
nazaar33
Newer Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13 View Post
pm sent!!!

Its been awhile for this threads life, but i'm looking for a DIY as well to install a TVnav2go to hook up a DVD player using the tvnav2go and auxiliary connection.
Would you still happen to have that DIY install directions that you PM'ed to a few people back when this thread was more active ntpcrew13?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0