BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Classifieds Section Sponsors Classifieds getBMWparts.com | Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake for G30 LCI M50i, G1x M850i!!!

05-14-2024, 10:43 AM   #1
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Arrow getBMWparts.com | Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake for G30 LCI M50i, G1x M850i!!!

getBMWparts.com | Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake for G30 LCI M50i, G1x M850i!!!

Transform the M550i/M850i engine bay with the Dinan carbon fiber intake system and enjoy added top end power, improved throttle response as well as an overhauled visual appearance that embodies the raw strength of the stout V8 motor!

To propel these hefty, yet capable, luxury vehicles, a large volume of air is required to be fed into two powerful turbochargers. The stock airboxes that provide this air utilize restrictive panel filters and artificially limit air volume. With a few small tweaks, however, a more efficient system with increased flow capacity that yields more power can be achieved. That is exactly what Dinan has done with the revised and improved carbon fiber cold air intake system for the M550i and M850i. Retaining the factory lower boxes for simplicity but enlarging the air box lids via the removal of the unused "U" channels afforded the opportunity to be able to not only increase volume by 54%, but also allowed the use of bespoke high-flow cone filters with 22% more surface area than the factory panel filters. The improvements continue down the intake tract with the enlarged volume of air transitioning into an organically shaped intake pipe that grants a more natural and unhindered flow path into the turbo. The combination of these improved features means the engine is allowed to ingest more cold air with less restriction resulting in top end gains of +17 WHP / +18 ft-lbs of torque.

Performance aside, the cosmetics of the system have also undergone a massive makeover and now showcase a luxurious 2x2 gloss carbon weave instead of the lifeless black plastic seen in stock trim. The natural shapes/lines that were integrated to improve flow dynamics are extended beyond the engineering of the kit and are on full display outwardly as well. The muscular form offers a not-so-subtle reminder to the might the potent powerplant can, and will, deliver. Get yours, and 'flex the flow.'

Application(s):
  • 2020-2023 G30 M550i
  • 2019-2024 G14/G15/G16 M850i
The Quick and Dirty:
  • More Power: Max gains of 17 WHP and 18 lb-ft of torque @ 5500 RPM without additional modifications
  • Improved throttle response
  • Larger volume air box (54% larger than stock) for increased breathability
  • 34% increase in filter area (stock: 76.3inē, Dinan: 102.1inē) for optimum flow
  • Sealed system ensuring only colder outside air is utilized
  • Quick and easy installation
Contact us today for special forum pricing on all Dinan Performance Parts!!!

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0