BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions M5 at COTA

07-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #1
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

M5 at COTA

Did the M Track Days at COTA in Austin yesterday. Was fun driving all the M cars (yes, purists, the BMW staff called them all M cars). Drove the M2 Comp in the autocross, the X3M, X4M, M4 and M850i in the drag races, and the M4 Comp on the track. But the highlight came at the end, when we jumped to the M5 Comp on the track. I owned an M4, and it remains a beast, but the M5 is amazing. So comfortably fast and stable, corners like on rails, and blasts out of the corners. That V8 at 7K rpm is such a beautiful sound. Much faster and easier to drive than the M4, with effortless speed on the straight, until that braking zone rapidly appeared! This was a truly amazing experience. The only bad part was setting my cruise control on my M550i at 82 on Highway 130 on the way back to San Antonio.
Appreciate 2