BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2021 BMW M550i Tanzanite Blue II Metallic Tracking

02-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #23
85Shark
Private
Rep
Drives: 1985 BMW 635CSi, 2020 BMW M4

Thanks, that was helpful. We never play CDs but simply store the selected music to the hard drive from our CD collection. My wife is the primary driver and wants all her favorite music available. Looks like change is coming.
Appreciate 1
MrE931.50
      02-24-2021, 04:37 PM   #24
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
After 2 long weeks, it has finally gone in transit!
Attached Images

02-25-2021, 01:52 AM   #25
Nilsp
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G31 530e mSport HE

Very cool combo!

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #26
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsp View Post
Very cool combo!

Congrats!
Thanks! I saw way too many Tanzanite Blue M550i's with black interiors, and I loved the Mocha so I had to get the Mocha Nappa with mine.
      03-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #27
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I finally have the tracking for the ship! The name is Lavender Ace, and it is estimated to arrive on March 8th! I think it would be at the dealership on March 10th-12th. Anyone else have another estimate?

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...l:LAVENDER_ACE
Attached Images

03-02-2021, 07:50 PM   #28
hisdigness
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
I finally have the tracking for the ship! The name is Lavender Ace, and it is estimated to arrive on March 8th! I think it would be at the dealership on March 10th-12th. Anyone else have another estimate?

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...l:LAVENDER_ACE
Awesome, G! What a lovely feeling that must be! Grats on the progress!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 08:20 PM   #29
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
Awesome, G! What a lovely feeling that must be! Grats on the progress!
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to the car!
      03-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #30
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The ship will be arriving today a bit before midnight! Anyone know how long it takes for the car to get off the ship and get delivered to the dealership? The ship is arriving at the port of New Jersey, and my dealership is also in New Jersey.
      03-09-2021, 02:42 AM   #31
Nilsp
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G31 530e mSport HE

Quote:
The ship will be arriving today a bit before midnight! Anyone know how long it takes for the car to get off the ship and get delivered to the dealership? The ship is arriving at the port of New Jersey, and my dealership is also in New Jersey.
Hi Typicaly you will need to take 5 working days incl customs handling etc before the car is ready for pick up, pending the process of the dealer (weekly pick up or on availability) the car will be at the dealer with 7-9 working days.

I assume they coudl be ready within the next 14 days for the pick up of you beauty
Appreciate 1
Cabbage624.50
      03-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #32
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Typicaly you will need to take 5 working days incl customs handling etc before the car is ready for pick up, pending the process of the dealer (weekly pick up or on availability) the car will be at the dealer with 7-9 working days.

I assume they coudl be ready within the next 14 days for the pick up of you beauty
Thanks for the info!
      03-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #33
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info!
Here to second that info, if the port isn't super busy it'll move a bit quicker than that, but usually 5 working days makes sense.

Then the dealer needs to get their transporter there, drive it back, then PDI.

Usually takes 1-3 days for a truck to get there and get the car to dealer, and usually next business day for PDI unless they're slammed, then you take delivery as soon as next business day from there.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:40 PM   #34
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info!
Here to second that info, if the port isn't super busy it'll move a bit quicker than that, but usually 5 working days makes sense.

Then the dealer needs to get their transporter there, drive it back, then PDI.

Usually takes 1-3 days for a truck to get there and get the car to dealer, and usually next business day for PDI unless they're slammed, then you take delivery as soon as next business day from there.
Sounds good! I will be unable to pick up the car if it arrived this Thursday-Sunday anyways since I'll be away then. Thanks!
      03-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #35
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It went into transit today, and also arrived at the dealership today! Sadly I have to pick it up on Monday since I'm away on vacation. Super excited though!

Last edited by Cabbage; 04-12-2021 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #36
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Hey There Cabbage. I just came across your post. I also purchased my new car from BMW of Manhatttan and it was also on the Lavender Ace. So my car is probably at the dealership too. Who was your client advisor? Love the color combination. Congrats.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 09:43 PM   #37
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hey There Cabbage. I just came across your post. I also purchased my new car from BMW of Manhatttan and it was also on the Lavender Ace. So my car is probably at the dealership too. Who was your client advisor? Love the color combination. Congrats.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Thanks a lot! I have my dealership set to BMW Of Manhattan since it is the closest to me, but I actually ordered the car from BMW Of Springfield New Jersey. I got a terrible deal at Manhattan, but an incredible deal from Springfield. What car did you get and when are you picking it up?
      03-12-2021, 06:41 PM   #38
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I have my dealership set to BMW Of Manhattan since it is the closest to me, but I actually ordered the car from BMW Of Springfield New Jersey. I got a terrible deal at Manhattan, but an incredible deal from Springfield. What car did you get and when are you picking it up?
Hey There. That is funny. My sister in law gets all her BMWs from Springfield. She has a 2020 530. I am getting the M304i xdrive Tanzanite Blue with Oyster interior. This is the 2nd car I got from Manhattan. I waited 6 years for Tanzanite (long story) and Manhattan was able to get it for me. Not a great deal on the lease but I really wanted that color combination. Probably wont pick it up until the end of the month as I need to have the current 3 inspected before I turn it in. Inspection scheduled for the 29th. Unless Manhattan will take it in before that date without the end of lease inspection. have to take the 3 in to Manhattan tomorrow to tap up the brake fluid. Will ask if I can see it. Hopefully yes. I got the X6 from Rallye, decent deal on it, nothing special but enjoying it too.

__________________________________________________ __________________
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 09:15 PM   #39
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Quote:
Hey There. That is funny. My sister in law gets all her BMWs from Springfield. She has a 2020 530. I am getting the M304i xdrive Tanzanite Blue with Oyster interior. This is the 2nd car I got from Manhattan. I waited 6 years for Tanzanite (long story) and Manhattan was able to get it for me. Not a great deal on the lease but I really wanted that color combination. Probably wont pick it up until the end of the month as I need to have the current 3 inspected before I turn it in. Inspection scheduled for the 29th. Unless Manhattan will take it in before that date without the end of lease inspection. have to take the 3 in to Manhattan tomorrow to tap up the brake fluid. Will ask if I can see it. Hopefully yes. I got the X6 from Rallye, decent deal on it, nothing special but enjoying it too.

__________________________________________________ __________________
Sounds good! Send me some photos when you pick the car up.
      03-12-2021, 11:15 PM   #40
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My dealer has not emailed me since the car has been delivered. I have not gotten a "Your car has been delivered" email yet. The car arrived on Wednesday. I do not think that the inspection should take this long. Is there anything I should be concerned about?
      03-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #41
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
My dealer has not emailed me since the car has been delivered. I have not gotten a "Your car has been delivered" email yet. The car arrived on Wednesday. I do not think that the inspection should take this long. Is there anything I should be concerned about?
Unlikely anything to be concerned about - if what you said is true, that you bought from one dealer but are having it delivered at another much busier dealer, the BMW Manhattan folks are probably prioritizing their paying customers cars.

Shitty of them, but based on my experiences I wouldn't be surprised. Call your original client advisor and ask him what's up. If he can't get you an answer, I can give you the name of a nice client advisor I used to work with on LI who moved to BMW Manhattan you can try.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #42
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I've scheduled a pickup tomorrow with my dealer. Super excited!
      03-14-2021, 03:19 PM   #43
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Cabbage, great your picking up the car tomorrow. AWESOME. I went to BMW of Manhattan yesterday to get the 3 service. I was told the entire computer system was down. Maybe that is why you haven't heard from them. I haven't heard from my client advisor either and it shows my car is there. I know the client advisor's at Manhattan only come in to the store now for either sales appointments or delivery of new cars.

In regards to me getting the 3 services. The choice was to leave the car, they would service it but not that day and no loaner. Meaning I would have to come back later this week to pick it up. The other option was to just make another appointment. I left and went to Brooklyn where they took the car right away and serviced it. Dropped it off at 11.15 am. It was ready at 3.15. So it worked out.

__________________________________________________ _________________________
*On order and now at the dealer: 2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:21 PM   #44
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Oh post picture of the your new car when you get it.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
*On order and now at the dealer: 2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0