BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Question for anyone who's had both an M550 and M5

12-25-2022, 05:49 PM   #45
YETIinFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Sorry, wasn’t trying to be negative, rather more educated in my feel of the car. I’ve noticed that I’m not as sharp staying perfectly centered in a parking spot, and backing into the garage sometimes puts me a little too close to objects. It’s all about me learning a new car. The reference above was specifically for slow speed AS. At highway speeds it’s very intuitive and smooth. I would order it again in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 09:19 PM   #46
Gautam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YETIinFL View Post
Sorry, wasn’t trying to be negative, rather more educated in my feel of the car. I’ve noticed that I’m not as sharp staying perfectly centered in a parking spot, and backing into the garage sometimes puts me a little too close to objects. It’s all about me learning a new car. The reference above was specifically for slow speed AS. At highway speeds it’s very intuitive and smooth. I would order it again in a heartbeat.
No need to apologize, this is a confusing, controversial and oft not well understood option package. More info we get out the better.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 02:16 PM   #47
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Circling back on this one.

I think the culprit was the HUD in combination with the slightly more rockier ride of the m550. The spacial disorientation from the different depths of information is pretty common to cause motion sickness like symptoms. It would be analogous to people who try to read in the car and get sick, I would think the HUD can be even worse than that.

Not getting sick anymore has definitely made me love driving the car. I wish I had those nappa massage and venting seats tho .

I still have the car on swapalease but I’m
much more torn to part with it now. I’d replace it with a fully loaded x5 40i merino, luxury seat package, alacantara headliner, exec package etc… I do miss the higher ride height, higher ground clearance and ease of the kids car seats with my back.. I guess I’ll just play it one day at a time.,
Appreciate 0