BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2019 M550i Xdrive - thoughts on a possible purchase?

01-03-2023, 08:44 AM   #1
Artagra
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a G30

2019 M550i Xdrive - thoughts on a possible purchase?

Hi Everyone!

New member, great to join the community. I'm looking at the following M550i in Montreal, Canada:

https://www.bmwmontrealcentre.ca/use...id9251981.html

I love the colour combo, which is pretty rare in Canada. The car is non-CPO, $55k CAD / $40k USD (before sales tax). I will get a PPI.

I'm in two minds. If I didn't want the colour combo so badly and it wasn't so seemingly rare in Canada, I would wait a few months to see if the prices continue to go down, and look at more CPO options. But, wanting that colour combo it might take forever before I find another one.

What does everyone think?

(Edit - typo in the title, it's a 2018)

Last edited by Artagra; 01-03-2023 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: noted typo in title.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 07:27 PM   #2
md93r2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda RX7 R1

Hi!
Im also new here and looking for an M550. This is a beautiful car I love that color combo, and priced quite low. In my market here on the east coast of the US there is nothing less then 45-46k for cars with higher mileage and not very appealing color combinations. Good Luck on your search!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 07:36 PM   #3
Artagra
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a G30

Thanks for the feedback! Yip, it's a good deal. However, I found out why - once I got the Carfax I could see it had two accidents, and was registered as a fleet vehicle at one point, and sold on auction in 2019 (looks like after a repossession) - not good signs!

However, all for the best - I found a 2019 Carbon Black / Dakota Ivory White with 29825 miles for $44 193 before sales tax. One owner off-lease, at a BMW dealer, CPO, new summer tires, current winter tires & rims included, warranty until next year October. So a bit more expensive, but overall a better deal. I prefer the other colour combo, but this one's condition was too good to pass up.

I'm surprised it's cheaper in Canada and the US right now - from previous research, it was often the other way around. I hope you find a good one!
Appreciate 0