BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Biker Gang and Land Rover Incident in NYC

10-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #243
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=896380&page=2

Much smaller thread in another section of the forum that is quite funny. Somebody also saying their friends were part of the ride... This is where I...
that 631 guy is quite the piece of work.....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #244
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
At least we have more evidence of what happened than with Zimmerman.

We have a video of what happened. Zimmerman all we had was his word. The other side was dead, etc.

And just because the wife of the person in a coma says her husband was just an innocent victim doesn't mean it's a Zimmerman situation again. How many times do we hear on the news about the mother, wife, friend, etc of a shooter, rapist, etc go, " Yep he's a scumbag. I regret ever meeting him"? It's always, " He was always a nice guy. I don't know why he would do this. He couldn't of done this".

Just because a loved one is in denial, doesn't mean it's the Zimmerman situation again.

But, yeah the guy in the RR is the victim. If the wife is even close to telling the truth, then I am sorry her husband became a wrong place at the wrong time situation when the family fled for their lives. But, they did nothing wrong when they tried to get the heck out of the situation.
I made the point about Zimmerman, and was not about what happen but more about the person who was in the wrong as we learned in the Zimmerman case making a case they were the real victim. You are correct it was not the dead person in the Zimmerman case it was the family who was not even there claiming their poor son was the real victim they pleaded their case in the media and hired a lawyer who hired a PR firm to paint the kid as an angle and Zimmerman as heartless racist killer.

The family of the guy in the hospital is doing the same thing even the Preacher Dad is making statement about his poor victim son. If they hire a lawyer and PR firm you can bet the poor RR guy will be arrested and sued.

In this country the real victim is now becoming the criminal for defending themselves.

Last edited by Maestro; 10-02-2013 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #245
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
They need to merge these threads...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #246
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by playground
I was hoping to see more bikers mowed over like bowling pins
This.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #247
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
And how are you so sure he didn't let them pass and caused this tragic situation? Because he was in the middle of the bikers in the beginning of the video?

Since you like to look at the situation at all angles-

Maybe these low life bikers were jealous about asian driving RR?
Maybe low life bikers were on his right lane when he was trying to steer over to let them pass?
Maybe they just picked on him?

I'm very curious to know how you came to your assumption as when 99% people on this thread think the other way.

Apparently, you are only analyzing the situation on biker's side only.
Somehow you are agreeing with what RR did was in self defense but keep blaming him for the assumption you are only imagining.

Yet, you are so quick to judge the RR driver with your imagination.
You are 100% right. There are a million different scenarios. Yet you decide to call me out when I shed light upon the situation from a different angle when I am the only one to have balls to go against the general consensus of WHYYY THIS HAPPENED. One guy on his motorcycle got his back broken in two spots and is now paralyzed from the waist down. Everyone here says he deserves it but he is also someones child, a husband and maybe even a father. For people to sit here and say "GOOD HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT" is pretty damn cold if you ask me. Do not misinterpret me, I am most def not defending the actions of these thugs towards the end of the video or even at the beginning but open your eyes to see what caused their reaction without being so blinded by the opinions of the media and apparently everyone else who has commented in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #248
iturbo_bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 530i

yeah this video makes me hate bikers. they're soo annoying, "cockroaches" is the perfect description for them. the guy in the range shouldn't have stopped. He should have put in reverse and put his put down lol. You gotta protect your family. His mistake was not calling the cops right away
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #249
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Fuck that. I'm not slowing down and taking time out of my day because a bunch of halfwit bikers want to clog up a road with hundreds of bikes. I would have down the same thing and would never have pulled over for them. Nothing posses me off more then when I see a huge group of bikers get on a highway and hightail it to the left lane where they cruise at the speed limit. Bikers should follow the rules of the road like everyone else. 2 bikers side by side in a lane and then move over and pass, not this swarm mentality this group had. These guys give a bad name to good bikers.
First half of your statement I completely disagree, WHY DON'T WE ALLL JUST RUN OVER EVERYONE WHO DRIVES US NUTS ON THE ROAD. Give me a break and get a dose of reality. You can't just mow people over for driving slow. We all know this.

Second half of your statement I completely agree with. They are driving like a55holes and they do give bikers a bad name. I have plenty of friends on motorcycles and they all drive respectfully. Unfortunately the few idiots are the ones that get the most attention.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #250
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
that 631 guy is quite the piece of work.....
Whew, that was close. Glad it isn't that 632 guy!

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #251
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower3330 View Post
I would have done the exact same thing, except kept swerving and not allowing them to get 12 inches from my window. Wife and kids in the car = do w/e it takes to keep them safe. Those bikers were clearly instigating and most definitely retarded, they deserved everything that happened if not more..

Agree 100%

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #252
GAaaAR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

I had a friend that was one of the bike riders, but he didn't participate in any of the violence. The way he described the story, I can't see how the RR guy was at fault here.

Basically gang of bikes drove by and was clogging traffic. The RR guy honked which irritated the bikers. They brake stopped the RR guy and the RR hit the bike. They got out of the bike started banging on the window and broke one of the side view mirrors. The RR guy then accelerated and ran the bikes over to escape.

Dude has his family in the car, what did you expect him to do? He's only guilty of honking, the bikers didn't have to stop him and get violent. Not to mention the bikers were the one clogging up traffic to begin with.. We have the right to honk our horns without having our side mirrors broken off and our family surrounded and threatened..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #253
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
You are 100% right. There are a million different scenarios. Yet you decide to call me out when I shed light upon the situation from a different angle when I am the only one to have balls to go against the general consensus of WHYYY THIS HAPPENED. One guy on his motorcycle got his back broken in two spots and is now paralyzed from the waist down. Everyone here says he deserves it but he is also someones child, a husband and maybe even a father. For people to sit here and say "GOOD HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT" is pretty damn cold if you ask me. Do not misinterpret me, I am most def not defending the actions of these thugs towards the end of the video or even at the beginning but open your eyes to see what caused their reaction without being so blinded by the opinions of the media and apparently everyone else who has commented in this thread.

Never hangout with thugs or gangsters, your ass will either get shot or go to jail... simple shit that we all were told by our parents growing up. If your stupid enough to have friends that act like bunch of pussy bike gangstars and @#$@ with a young family and their car then he got everything coming to him and I dont give a shit if he is a son, mother, father or a priest! So lets see how this should have happened, you are hanging out with bunch of idiots, they started to slash the tire of 5000 pounds SUV thinking the driver didnt have the balls to run from the scene... yet you stand there watching and blocking the guys way thinking "wow, this is cool, I am a gangsta" and then your ass is plowed over then your a fucking moron for not getting out of the way, still being in the same gang riding and causing trouble for everyone else.

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #254
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
more vids of the bikers' activities.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the...6603736/orlove
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #255
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

....hang around the toilet long enough and you'll start smelling like shit....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #256
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
I had a friend that was one of the bike riders, but he didn't participate in any of the violence. The way he described the story, I can't see how the RR guy was at fault here.

Basically gang of bikes drove by and was clogging traffic. The RR guy honked which irritated the bikers. They brake stopped the RR guy and the RR hit the bike. They got out of the bike started banging on the window and broke one of the side view mirrors. The RR guy then accelerated and ran the bikes over to escape.

Dude has his family in the car, what did you expect him to do? He's only guilty of honking, the bikers didn't have to stop him and get violent. Not to mention the bikers were the one clogging up traffic to begin with.. We have the right to honk our horns without having our side mirrors broken off and our family surrounded and threatened..
If a honk is all it took then I withdraw my previous statements. Typical NYC driving would be to push your way through traffic. If that isn't the case then I would have to agree with the RR's actions.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #257
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

it appears the NYC DA does not want to press charges. They afraid they can not get enough evidence to make the cases stick.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/da-wont...n-suv-beating/

You all know if the DA does not press charges the RR guy is going to loose everything he has since the idiots will sue him.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #258
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
listen.

with 16 rounds in a gun, you can easily take out one.

if the second one is stupid enough, he's getting blasted too.

that leaves only 14 rounds left.

TRUST ME when I say there are not 14 people in that mob that want to stand within 10 feet of that car at that point.....

14 bullets dude......

some people are brave, but after seeing the THIRD m'fucker get his sternum kissed by a .40 round, I HIGHLY DOUBT that there will be a fourth that thinks he's gonna play the hero.....
If you have a gun, they have too.

These guys were having a serious case of road rage. They beat up the guy at the end of the video. If they had guns, they would have blown his head off.

Just leaving that for you to think about.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #259
KaZe
Private
Rep
Drives: Carless

Instead of running over people's vehicles, first thing he should have done was call the cops lol.

So much hate on the bikers . From the video alone there isn't enough context on the situation...maybe the Range driver did something earlier that wasn't shown on camera to provoke all of this. Not that i'm siding with the bikers or anything because they seem like a bunch of stupid hoodlums, but something must've provoked this incident.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #260
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
If you have a gun, they have too.

These guys were having a serious case of road rage. They beat up the guy at the end of the video. If they had guns, they would have blown his head off.

Just leaving that for you to think about.
not really.

i personally don't know any bikers in Houston that carry while they're on their bikes, wether it be sport bikes or cruisers - mainly due to the fact that you can't have it on you while you ride UNLESS you have a CHL.

but in Texas, you don't NEED a CHL to have a loaded weapon in your car because it's technically concealed in your car.

you can't "conceal" a weapon while riding a motorcycle, unless you have it on your person, which is a violation UNLESS you have a license for it....

it's one of things that makes Texas awesome......

again, the percentage of people who carry while also riding their bikes in Texas is very very small compared to the percentage of people who carry in their cars in Texas......
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #261
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaZe View Post
Instead of running over people's vehicles, first thing he should have done was call the cops lol.

So much hate on the bikers . From the video alone there isn't enough context on the situation...maybe the Range driver did something earlier that wasn't shown on camera to provoke all of this. Not that i'm siding with the bikers or anything because they seem like a bunch of stupid hoodlums, but something must've provoked this incident.
something = the fool that thinks brake-checking a vehicle is funny/cool/necessary? fuck him. hope he broke both legs instead of just one.

and how do we know the RR driver and his wife didnt try calling the cops? sometimes cops show up super quick, and sometimes they show up so late it makes you wonder if they even exist. from the brake-check to the beatdown, everything happens in less than 10 minutes. unless the area is some super rich white-dominant neighborhood, ive NEVER heard of any cop show up within 10minutes of a call. besides a few outstanding heros, the majority of law enforcement is useless.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #262
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Outcomes such as these remind me of a John Wayne quote....." Life is hard, its harder if your stupid!".
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #263
teen335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport

This whole situation sucks for both sides. I own a R1 and my wife drives a GSXR 600. I love getting out on our bikes when the weather is nice and going for a ride. We don't swerve in front of vehicles, but I do have people who some times come close to running me off the road. Some say sorry through their windows and some act like I was in the wrong.

I heard on the news that one of the guys he ran over is in and out of a coma may be paralyzed, I hope that isn't true
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #264
srezzo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Many people said that if the RR driver had a gun and shot at the first few people, the rest would scatter due to the RR driver proving that he would do whatever it takes to protect his family. How did running over people with this RR not prove the same thing?

SR
Appreciate 0