BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Piano Black

01-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #23
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I've had piano black. It is great looking. Whether it is worth the extra $$ and slightly more effort on upkeep is a personal decision. After a car with piano black, I opted to forgo it in favor of putting my money into one of the extra $$ exterior colors (Azurite) and I have no regrets.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 01-30-2021 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 07:24 AM   #24
BMWKLG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilandgas View Post
I think it's the best looking interior trim for the G30. I keep a small swiffer dust refill in the door pocket to get rid of the dust that constantly collects.
I think it's a nice trim but my favorite is the fineline cove wood trim in lacquered paint. I opted for poplar grey wood in my M550i which has beautiful swirls of greige (grey/beige color mix) that complements the light piping on the mocha Nappa leather. Since some of the swirls looks like smudges and fingerprints, you can't tell of actual fingerprints or smears.

However, the trim next to the shifter and drive modes is a gloss black and gets tons of fingerprints and smudges. I definitely keep a microfiber cloth handy! However, at the end of the day, the trims are beautifully crafted to complement our cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #25
bk550ny
Rep
Drives: bmw m550xi

I have it I like it a lot. Very shiny and nice. Two years in no issues.
Appreciate 0