BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2021 M550i order is still undetermined

05-18-2021, 06:36 PM   #23
StarrySky
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M Sport / '21 M550i

Just to chime into the conversation here, I have been waiting for mine since December.
My salesperson put mine into the order bank on December but it wasn't getting anywhere. So he had to acquire an allocation slot from another dealer in February for an April production.
Then it was requested from the dealer to be built on the week of April 4th, however it has been delayed by ten weeks for some reason and now it's expected to be built in June.
It seems there may be a parts shortage or some problem at the factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #24
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakul View Post
Tomorrow I have appointment in a Freeport, after will see.thank you so much
Freeport is ok but they didn’t give me the best pricing. Too bad because they are so close to where I live.

Right now getting good prices on anything. Lumber, new or used cars.

Good luck and I wish you the best.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:49 PM   #25
drakul
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
I ended up getting a pristine violet touch pearl golf r (6sp). It’s 1 of 4 in the US. Put the apr+ tune on and I’m happy. It’s a great car but I’m sure I’ll be back eventually
It’s funny and sometimes fine!!
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #26
drakul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Just to chime into the conversation here, I have been waiting for mine since December.
My salesperson put mine into the order bank on December but it wasn't getting anywhere. So he had to acquire an allocation slot from another dealer in February for an April production.
Then it was requested from the dealer to be built on the week of April 4th, however it has been delayed by ten weeks for some reason and now it's expected to be built in June.
It seems there may be a parts shortage or some problem at the factory.
Come on! Really?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #27
drakul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
Freeport is ok but they didn’t give me the best pricing. Too bad because they are so close to where I live.

Right now getting good prices on anything. Lumber, new or used cars.

Good luck and I wish you the best.
I just try to get more information
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #28
drakul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamelin View Post
Oh come on. I ordered G30 in November and I am still waiting for definitive confirmation of production date. So far my car was allocated four times and then it was dropped due to parts shortage.

Its ridicolous - I live in EU and I see posts from folks from US who ordered their G30 in January and already collected their cars...

Week by week situation changes and other equipment falls into restriction that postpones the production. I discussed with my dealer last week and for now following equipment causes restrictions:
Harman Kardon
Lumbar support (there are cases in EU of G20 where car comes with no lumbar support at all or only for the driver)
M package red brakes
Tow hitch
Professional Assistants

Maybe you in the US have more priority, so the restrictions do not affect you. However, this is how it work in the EU.
Yeah! My broker say me same couple days ago!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #29
drakul
Rep

Maybe really they are have problems with parts
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 08:34 PM   #30
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Quote:
Hey Drakul. Not exactly the same model But I ordered my M340i from Manhattan. Placed the order in January and the car showed up in March. Then they stored it for 6 weeks until my lease was up on the previous car. They are a corporate store so they might have a better pull. Pm Me if you want to get my CA person.
__________________________________________________ __________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. AKA Blue Angel
*Retired 04/30/21: 2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #31
drakul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hey Drakul. Not exactly the same model But I ordered my M340i from Manhattan. Placed the order in January and the car showed up in March. Then they stored it for 6 weeks until my lease was up on the previous car. They are a corporate store so they might have a better pull. Pm Me if you want to get my CA person.
__________________________________________________ __________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. AKA Blue Angel
*Retired 04/30/21: 2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
Ok! thanks let me try tomorrow in Freeport. I have appointment there
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:26 AM   #32
psumike
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
I was in a similar situation - had an April build slot that got pushed out until June. We figured it out that the massaging seats were causing the delay, so I dropped those and ended up back on schedule. Build was completed on May 4.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #33
drakul
Rep

yesterday I talked to another dealer and he said that in principle the situation is the same everywhere due to the shortage of some components, so he said if I change the broker it will not change anything and I will just waste time
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #34
jakek66
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M440i GC / '23 M240i

Quote:
Oh come on. I ordered G30 in November and I am still waiting for definitive confirmation of production date. So far my car was allocated four times and then it was dropped due to parts shortage.

Its ridicolous - I live in EU and I see posts from folks from US who ordered their G30 in January and already collected their cars...

Week by week situation changes and other equipment falls into restriction that postpones the production. I discussed with my dealer last week and for now following equipment causes restrictions:
Harman Kardon
Lumbar support (there are cases in EU of G20 where car comes with no lumbar support at all or only for the driver)
M package red brakes
Tow hitch
Professional Assistants

Maybe you in the US have more priority, so the restrictions do not affect you. However, this is how it work in the EU.
Local dealer to me I work with a lot (Midwest US) already have had 5 G80s come in and sell. They get almost immediate replacements once one sells.

You're probably on to something, BMW probably plays favorites and needs more US dealer/customer goodwill.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #35
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

I know the G30 is made in Germany and the X5 is made in the USA. But parts shortages are world wide.

My brother ordered a well optioned X5 and it took 7 week’s to build and deliver to him in NY.

Good luck. 🍀

Quote:
yesterday I talked to another dealer and he said that in principle the situation is the same everywhere due to the shortage of some components, so he said if I change the broker it will not change anything and I will just waste time
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #36
Dan W
Longtime Member
Rep
Drives: 2025 M440i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psumike View Post
I was in a similar situation - had an April build slot that got pushed out until June. We figured it out that the massaging seats were causing the delay, so I dropped those and ended up back on schedule. Build was completed on May 4.
At least for a 540iX, order placed on 4-14, week 18 production completed on 5-7, at port on 5-17. They are hoping it gets on a ship either 5-20 or 5-26 to Baltimore. Then, it's usually 7-10 days to the dealer. Did not order massaging seats, but did get multi-contour seats. Also, H-K system was included with Executive Package. I realize I'm very lucky everything made it through production, hope others find similar luck!
      05-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #37
Gamelin
Rep
Drives: G30 LCI

I got a call from the dealer asking me to give them green light to deletr from my car inductive charging an 360 cameras (and consequently drive recorder).

Otherwise there would be another delay.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #38
DNYC1919
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540ix

Garage List
2021 540IX  [0.00]
Quote:
I got a call from the dealer asking me to give them green light to deletr from my car inductive charging an 360 cameras (and consequently drive recorder).

Otherwise there would be another delay.
360 cameras are great. Once you have it you wouldn't want a car without it.

So I'm thinking they are taking away parking package. I like it and it's a cheap add on
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #39
HBEaker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
drakul , I know this is a somewhat old thread, so I sincerely hope your situation is since resolved.

I was in a similar boat, but luckily am almost through it. In my case, I ordered my M550 on 5/13/21. My dealer was honest, and they said they did not have an M550 production number, but would try to trade with another dealer to get one (which they thought would only take a day or two). On Monday (5/17), the manager of the dealer called and apologized profusely, saying they were unable to find one anywhere. He was hoping that they would get their 2022 M550 allocation in June, and so the thought was we would wait a month and get a '22. I was disappointed, but I understand. Global supply chain is a hot mess right now.

Surprisingly, at the end of that week (Friday, 5/31), I got a phone call from my salesman with a production number! Apparently, he had kept trying to find one, and was able to horse-trade with another dealer to get their M550 allocation and get a 2021 production number.

Since then, I've been excitedly tracking the build process at bmwusa.com. I got my VIN on 6/8, and the build completed today (currently is "Awaiting Carrier Assignment"). The only supply-chain issue modification in my case was they removed the hands-free tailgate operation (S032X), which knocked $100 off. Other than that, my build went through unchanged. The hands-free tailgate is not a deal-breaker for me.

Like I said at the top -- I hope your situation has been resolved. If not, hopefully you are close, as your dealer should get their 2022 allocation very soon. I do think the shortage of allocation is legit, and there are all sorts of supply chain issues. Unfortunate and disappointing, of course. I feel really lucky my dealer was able to find and trade for one.

Best of luck,
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 03:50 PM   #40
Fenix33
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBEaker View Post

Since then, I've been excitedly tracking the build process at bmwusa.com. I got my VIN on 6/8, and the build completed today (currently is "Awaiting Carrier Assignment"). The only supply-chain issue modification in my case was they removed the hands-free tailgate operation (S032X), which knocked $100 off. Other than that, my build went through unchanged. The hands-free tailgate is not a deal-breaker for me.
What's the status on yours now?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #41
HBEaker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I started a new thread on my tracking (in the tracking... forum), but since 6/22, I have gone to:

- 6/23: Dispatched from Factory
- 6/24: At the Port

There was a boat that left on 6/26, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed my car was on it. I have not seen the status change, yet, but understand that it can take a few days after the car gets on a boat before the status is updated. If it didn't make the boat that left on 6/26, I'm afraid that will push back by delivery date.

I'm planning to accept delivery at the Performance Center in SC, and do not have a confirmed date, yet. I will post updates in the other thread (didn't want to thread-jack).
Appreciate 0