BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications BM3 Failing to register - Something blocking?

06-15-2023, 08:44 PM   #23
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedRefuse View Post
Sorry to hear about that! You might consider re-flashing the stock tune and trying to reproduce the problem. If it doesn't reappear, then re-flash BM3. If it develops those symptoms again, now you've isolated it to the tune.

That maintenance work sounds expensive! Are you doing it yourself?
I was thinking about doing that, but wanted to wait simply because I was pretty sure it was plugs based on error codes. Wasn’t a boost leak or anything like that. Plugs were shot, going one step colder now with a proper gap has solved the issue completely. I’m still doing coils after seeing 2 of them, just to get it out of the way.

Regarding the work, it is what it is, I’m almost at 60k miles so everything on that list is right on schedule, good thing is should be good for another 50-60 minus plugs now that I’m tuned. I have a fantastic mechanic I have found recently, worth the 40 min trip from me. Anyone in north Jersey/Rockland or even surrounding area that needs work done, I’d highly recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 02:09 AM   #24
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maDjzo View Post
Hey guys I figured I post and see if this has happened to anyone else. Purchased a BM3 license - tried flashing it on my 2018 M550 using windows/Mac/ENET to Lighting, all with the same result. BM3 ODB Agent is reading the VIN, however unable to read any IDs/software etc or register the vehicle. After having a remote session with the tunningfreaks team, they advised something is blocking the ODB agent ie some coding/piggyback etc - couldn't provide me with any additional info. The only thing that Ive done to the car was LCI tails - which needed a software update, basic Bimmercode coding and catback Remus.
We can fix please send what’s app contact
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 03:10 AM   #25
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjames93* View Post