BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Horner in trouble at Red Bull

03-05-2024, 12:49 PM   #529
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

The mole/s remains a mystery and I wouldn't trust Wolff !
is this is true then i have an idea of who the mole is connected to. but too many rumours to know what's real or made up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-sexting.html
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:02 PM   #530
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
is this is true then i have an idea of who the mole is connected to. but too many rumours to know what's real or made up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-sexting.html
Nope . That's click bait .Why would Jos destroy his son's team on the way to his '4th F1 World Title in a row ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61854.00
      03-05-2024, 01:18 PM   #531
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Well...Whe know who she is , and how she looks like .

IMHO , she looks so innocent . But she Isn't

The mole/s remains a mystery and I wouldn't trust Wolff !
Who else would it be other than wolf man digging in the dirt, him and his henchman in the orange team
Appreciate 2
      03-05-2024, 01:54 PM   #532
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Who else would it be other than wolf man digging in the dirt, him and his henchman in the orange team
Yeah . Actually the situation is really strange . First we got the breaking world news about LEW's move to Ferrari .
Then 3 weeks later and out of nowhere....The Horner , The mole and Jos soaps .
And from yesterday FIA-Ben is screwed too...

Coincidence ?
Conspiracy theory ?
Criminal mole/s ?
Someone wants to take , Horner , MAX and the whole Red Bull Team down ?
Wolff's BlitzKrieg ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61854.00
      03-05-2024, 02:11 PM   #533
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah . Actually the situation is really strange . First we got the breaking world news about LEW's move to Ferrari .
Then 3 weeks later and out of nowhere....The Horner , The mole and Jos soaps .
And from yesterday FIA-Ben is screwed too...

Coincidence ?
Conspiracy theory ?
Criminal mole/s ?
Someone wants to take , Horner , MAX and the whole Red Bull Team down ?
Wolff's BlitzKrieg ?

Wolff can't do it on track so him and his mate concoct something out of nothing with expert help, and the R B woman not having a clue of what is going on beyond her own thing.
Appreciate 2
      03-05-2024, 04:08 PM   #534
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3M, 2013 e92 M3, F15 X5

Appreciate 1
      03-05-2024, 04:25 PM   #535
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Wolff can't do it on track so him and his mate concoct something out of nothing with expert help, and the R B woman not having a clue of what is going on beyond her own thing.
you guys are making Toto look better than Ethan Hunt

coz at the end of all this he gets rid of his slowest driver and keep Max, Jos, Newey and the girl

all while running F1 with his secret mafia

even James Bond can't do this sort of stuff
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 06:03 PM   #536
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Do you think CH would fire Max just because Jos had a falling out?

And who would that be? They've been working on this deal for over a year now. With only 1,5 years before the 2026 season, a switch of manufacturer could be devastating.

If push comes to shove, the thai won't back CH. If this causes a rupture in the RB mothercompany, they won't risk the billions of dollars at stake.
CH isn't worth the billions of dollars.
Creating mistrust at the top can be devastating for a company. And CH might just have done this if he went around the back of the austrian division.
I think this will result in that either CH goes or Mintzlaff goes.
Sorry bro's I'm just not buying it. CH wouldn't fire Max!!!! PERIOD

Ford engine? It's just a rebranding IMHO. Someone other manufacturer would happily slap their name on it.

The rest seems pretty paranoid. Maybe I'm just an uninformed simpleton

IMHO RB will be just fine
Appreciate 4
M3WC3648.00
M5Rick61854.00
      03-05-2024, 06:18 PM   #537
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
IMHO RB will be just fine
pretty much. they're killing it on the track.
Appreciate 2
      03-05-2024, 06:47 PM   #538
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Being reported by many...Due to an exit clause in Verstappen's contract, he would be free to leave Red Bull if Helmut Marko is no longer part of the team.

“As far as I’m concerned: I won’t stand in Max’s way [should he decide to leave].” - - - Helmut Marko

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/104503...ristian-horner
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 10:32 PM   #539
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

The RBR employee who filed the complaint against Horner is rumored to be still on the job at RBR, has no intention to leave RBR and has hired top lawyers.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26362...xting-accuser/
"But [the RBR employee] has stayed at work at Red Bull’s HQ in Milton Keynes, Bucks, despite being locked in an explosive dispute with her boss.
And embattled Horner is having to carry on daily “business as usual” with the staff member who detonated the scandal.
Sources told The Sun today [March 4, 2024] the attractive employee even asked to fly to the Bahrain Grand Prix to support the team last weekend.
[Horner's wife] — who staged a toe-curling public show of support for Horner in Bahrain — is said to want the woman “out of the picture”.
But [Horner's wife] was left frustrated today after learning the woman at the centre of the storm was staying put and has engaged high-powered lawyers to fight her corner.
A source told The Sun: “It’s frustrating for everyone and ridiculous to try to maintain business as usual in the circumstances.
“The woman’s role involves continuing contact with Christian and they are having to get on with day-to-day work as though nothing has happened. But something has to give.
“She wanted to fly to Bahrain in her work role but that would have created a circus which no one wants and would be good for no one.
“Everyone at Red Bull and the wider world of F1 knows the identity of the woman at the centre of this.
She has also acquired very expensive lawyers who have been advising her since the scandal blew up — but no one knows who’s paying for them.
“It all plays into claims that there’s a conspiracy to unseat Christian.”
The woman — one of 1,400 Red Bull Racing staff based in the team’s state-of-the-art Milton Keynes HQ — was at her desk earlier today while Horner was in Saudi Arabia preparing for this weekend’s F1 race."
Interesting considerations made by Joe Saward:

"Green Notebook from a dirty weekend"
Posted on March 5, 2024 by Joe Saward
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024...dirty-weekend/

As someone astutely coined the whole situation:

Name:  Sink_Spanish.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  16.9 KB

Name:  Sink.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  21.5 KB
      03-05-2024, 11:24 PM   #540
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

It’s getting more gooder.
Appreciate 1
chris7197393.50
      03-06-2024, 12:20 AM   #541
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Milton Keynes be like this

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 12:28 AM   #542
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
"Green Notebook from a dirty weekend"
Posted on March 5, 2024 by Joe Saward
A good read from a reporter with F1 credentials.

About the only level headed article available of current events.

Appreciate 3
Artemis30017.00
Davil6601.50
      03-06-2024, 02:13 AM   #543
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post

"If a driver sleeps with a team boss’s wife and gets fired as a result (this has happened in the past), is it something that I should write about?"

Hm, ain't that a reference to an old juicy rumor about Alain Prost allegedly getting caught 'entertaining' the wife of Renault team principal Gérard L. during the Zandvoort 1983 race weekend (Aug 1983) ? The story goes that team boss L. unexpectedly returned to his room to pick up his briefcase he had forgotten, catching his driver Prost performing some sort of alternative 'cardio training'...

Prost was fired by Renault shortly after the title-deciding final 1983 race (South Africa - Oct 1983) (WDC for Piquet - Prost 2nd).

Name:  Prost_Renault.png
Views: 235
Size:  1.23 MB
      03-06-2024, 02:18 AM   #544
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post

and i quote from that
"Quite a few of these screenshots included the notations “CH online” or “CH typing”. This meant that the pictures were taken during a live conversation and not later when someone was going through the conversations looking for things to include in this dossier. "

i missed that but gosh it means the woman was in bed/shower with the mole while she was baiting CH, live. O. M. G.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 02:36 AM   #545
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
i missed that but gosh it means the woman was in bed/shower with the mole while she was baiting CH, live. O. M. G.
No - it means she might have taken a screen shot to support her case she felt she was being harassed or something else. Supply that as evidence and who has seen it and is sharing it after that is anyones guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 02:49 AM   #546
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Quote:
and i quote from that
"Quite a few of these screenshots included the notations “CH online” or “CH typing”. This meant that the pictures were taken during a live conversation and not later when someone was going through the conversations looking for things to include in this dossier. "

No - it means she might have taken a screen shot to support her case she felt she was being harassed or something else. Supply that as evidence and who has seen it and is sharing it after that is anyones guess.
That could be the case. Could be that in the past Horner made a habit of deleting delicate messages. At some point she got fed up and decided to gather evidence of being harrassed: as soon as she experienced that a conversation was getting unpleasant again, she made screenshots before Horner deleted his racy messages. Subsequently: either storing the screenshots in the phone gallery as proof or forward these to an e-mail account or a third party to ensure that proof of inappropriate behavior wasn't lost.

If that's the case, it shows that she was already bothered by Horner's behavior at the time that she started making screenshots.

But on the other hand, if she planned to make screenshots for evidential purposes, she must have been cautious about what to reply to Horner and possibly provoked certain replies (because she knew that she was going to use these).
      03-06-2024, 02:51 AM   #547
M5Rick
General
Rep

Jos will stomp and visit another team, Max is telling dad to calm down, CH carrying on as TP, the woman is still working at RB (I think) with someone funding a lawyer for her, the press are a laughing stock and nothing more has happened.
Appreciate 3
      03-06-2024, 04:35 AM   #548
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

We need someone who is getting a current copy of this through the post this month. Seems it's a tell all, however there is a view out there that CH is trying to go for legal application to prevent the full publication. Her image and name is apparently in the magazine. (Note I believe its on the front cover for full disclosure)

⚠️ Edit by moderator ⚠️: protection Red Bull Racing employee pictures and name:

Name:  Horner_BF1_1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  261.2 KB

Name:  Horner_BF1_2.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  610.4 KB
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2024, 07:19 AM   #549
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

I respect Saward’s long tenure and knowledge of F1. I am not a fan of his style. It had been years since I read his stuff.

I didn’t get why Saward deems whoever (openly?) emailed very confidential emails ought to be prosecuted. Were those confidential emails obtained via a NDA ? Good luck with that. (Saward can be odd at times.)

So now we wait for the whole story. Hopefully Verstappen momentum and career aren’t derailed because of his boss’ extra marital indiscretions. (And his father’s.) That’s not fair. But Verstappen knows a thing or two about winning and losing unfairly.

One thing for sure, if this was happening at Haas, Alpine or Williams, nobody would be giving a rat’s arse about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 09:36 AM   #550
Artemis
Rep

Interesting development: during a Dutch podcast of March 4, the Dutch F1 journalist Erik van Haren (De Telegraaf – who published the scoop weeks ago) claimed that the leaked WhatsApp messages are authentic ("because these simply ain't fake" – "omdat ze gewoon niet fake zijn") and that he and his editorial staff fully stand by everything he wrote about the Horner matter.

AFAIK this is the first time so far, that the anonymously leaked WhatsApp messages have been confirmed by a news outlet (the journalist who published the scoop) to be authentic.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/podcast/227...p-volle-toeren

12:41 - 12:50:
"With these stories: I've never spent so much time on stories [as this time] because, of course, every sentence has to be 100% factually correct, otherwise you just have a legal problem."
("Met deze verhalen: ik ben nog nooit zolang bezig geweest met verhalen omdat elke zin natuurlijk 100% feitelijk juist moet zijn, anders heb je gewoon juridisch een probleem.")

14:21 - 15:03:
"But just to point out again that with this kind of publications you ain't do that overnight, [no,] you do it very meticulously. And I also do know for sure that everything I have written is accurate, because otherwise you just have a problem. Because there are lawyers involved. If you write something that is inaccurate, then of course you hang [you're toast], because then they say, "Look guys, you wrote something that is inaccurate". Only [By the way], you also haven't read anywhere that those apps [WhatsApp messages] are fake, right? Because these simply ain't fake. Of course, if these had been fake, they could have said so right away as well. And there have been media — and we haven't done that and we're not going to do that, it has been done in England and Germany — that transcribed those apps [WhatsApp messages] and featured these in the newspaper."
("Maar nog even om aan te geven dat je met dit soort publicaties niet zomaar over één nacht ijs gaat, maar dat je gewoon heel secuur tewerk gaat. En ik weet ook zeker dat alles wat ik heb geschreven klopt, want anders heb je gewoon een probleem. Want er zijn advocaten mee gemoeid. Als je iets schrijft dat niet klopt, dan hang je natuurlijk, want dan zeggen zeggen ze: "Ja jongens, jullie hebben iets geschreven wat niet klopt". Alleen, je hebt ook nergens gelezen dat die app-jes [WhatsApp berichten] fake zijn, hé? Omdat ze gewoon niet fake zijn. Alleen als ze fake waren geweest hadden ze dat natuurlijk gelijk kunnen zeggen. En er zijn gewoon media geweest — en wij hebben dat niet gedaan en dat gaan we ook niet doen, in Engeland en Duitsland is dat wel gebeurd — die gewoon die app-jes [WhatsApp berichten] hebben uitgeschreven en gewoon in de krant hebben gezet.")

21:34 - 21:55:
"If only I had one single doubt in my stories or in pieces, I would feel much more annoyed now, but I just stand behind my stories from A to Z. And that goes not only for me, but also for the entire editorial staff and everyone involved. So you can look at yourself in the mirror. In the end, bottom-line, that's the most important thing."
("Als ik ook maar één twijfel zou hebben in mijn verhalen of in stukken dan zou ik me nu veel vervelender voelen, maar ik sta gewoon achter mijn verhalen van A tot Z. En dat geldt niet alleen voor mij, maar ook voor de hele hoofdredactie en iedereen die erbij betrokken is. Dus kan kun je jezelf in de spiegel aankijken. Dat is uiteindelijk, onderaan het streepje, het allerbelangrijkste.")