BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications LCI Style Headlights on my Pre-LCI G30

09-20-2023, 11:49 PM   #23
APMX101
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
BMW M550i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Congrats!
Appreciate 1
I3LaZeN504.50
      09-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #24
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
I like the design on these better than the actual LCI due to the way these are angled narrower towards the grill; gives it a more aggressive look.
      12-12-2023, 09:56 AM   #25
X25ARN
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i X Drive

These look epic I have the icon headlights so dont believe this would be much of an upgrade but they look good.
Appreciate 1
I3LaZeN504.50
      12-13-2023, 01:07 PM   #26
Perplexitivity
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 540i xDrive

This topic is one of the reasons why I decided to sign up in this forum! You guys are more open minded than most of the guys in the German boards I'm part of.

I really like the look of you headlights, looks superb and really unique.

No chance for us over here in Germany to do this because of the missing "E" sign on the headlights you need for the insurance coverage.

Enjoy your new headlights, I hope they will last a long time
Appreciate 2
I3LaZeN504.50
AntF32446.50
      12-13-2023, 01:13 PM   #27
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexitivity View Post
This topic is one of the reasons why I decided to sign up in this forum! You guys are more open minded than most of the guys in the German boards I'm part of.

I really like the look of you headlights, looks superb and really unique.

No chance for us over here in Germany to do this because of the missing "E" sign on the headlights you need for the insurance coverage.

Enjoy your new headlights, I hope they will last a long time
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25ARN View Post
These look epic I have the icon headlights so dont believe this would be much of an upgrade but they look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
I like the design on these better than the actual LCI due to the way these are angled narrower towards the grill; gives it a more aggressive look.
Much appreciated.
Ive since changed once again to the adaptive icon headlights. Got an opportunity to get a pair.

Before I chose to try the LCI style, I was inbetween the Adaptives vs LCI. I really like the Angel eye look, which to me is iconic BMW. The LCI style were nice as well and different as not many have it with the Pre-LCI front end and they were very bright as well.
I still have the LCI style in my garage but, as of right now, rocking with the Adaptives.
I added a light smoke ppf to these headlights as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-13-2023, 01:32 PM   #28
Perplexitivity
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 540i xDrive

Fully agree, actually my car has the adaptive headlights with the iconic DRL. I also like the look of the LCI headlights when seeing them on the road. How about the light output of the LCI-look headlights, are they comparable to the original ones? I'd assume that the original ones are brighter at night. But to be honest, when you don't drive at night very often it is negligible. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Appreciate 1
I3LaZeN504.50
      12-13-2023, 01:45 PM   #29
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexitivity View Post
Fully agree, actually my car has the adaptive headlights with the iconic DRL. I also like the look of the LCI headlights when seeing them on the road. How about the light output of the LCI-look headlights, are they comparable to the original ones? I'd assume that the original ones are brighter at night. But to be honest, when you don't drive at night very often it is negligible. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
The LCI headlight output is actually brighter than the pre-lci.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 06:20 AM   #30
donnieboiii95
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 540xi M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Much appreciated.
Ive since changed once again to the adaptive icon headlights. Got an opportunity to get a pair.

Before I chose to try the LCI style, I was inbetween the Adaptives vs LCI. I really like the Angel eye look, which to me is iconic BMW. The LCI style were nice as well and different as not many have it with the Pre-LCI front end and they were very bright as well.
I still have the LCI style in my garage but, as of right now, rocking with the Adaptives.
I added a light smoke ppf to these headlights as well.
So I have the Pre LCI non icons. Want the icons as well. Don’t think the blue lci would go with the dark grey color. What coding or modules did you need to swap to icons being that you’re pre and no icon factory option? Also can you activate that auto adaptive bright option that the icons have?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 06:46 PM   #31
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieboiii95 View Post
So I have the Pre LCI non icons. Want the icons as well. Don’t think the blue lci would go with the dark grey color. What coding or modules did you need to swap to icons being that you’re pre and no icon factory option? Also can you activate that auto adaptive bright option that the icons have?
It required coding which was about $80 to get done. The modules came with the lights i got.
I dont think you can activate auto adaptive brights as you wouldnt have the button for it. (At least i dont believe)
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2024, 10:23 PM   #32
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

So you have the LCI adaptive “icons” now? In a pre lci car? Was it really plug and play with coding? I thought you needed the whole lci front bumper for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 12:58 AM   #33
RonronEG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

No, his car is photographed above- pre LCI with the pre LCI Icon lights (my favorite as well, LCI headlights look a bit generic).
Appreciate 0