BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery It's done! New M550i ordered!

05-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #67
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Yes that is the company bringing my cars unfortunately they don't offer tracking.

I did drive through the parking lots of the dealership a few times today lol. I didn't see my car.

I will stop by one more time before sleeping, talk about being a stalker
Don't blame ya one bit.... I'd be doing the same thing....

Fortunately right now we're focused on the move so much that the BMW is in the background... Yeah, I check it when I have a minute, but packing, setting up the new place, etc. is monopolizing most of our time.

Crazy month... move 5.11 - western Caribbean cruise 5.18-5.25... And maybe Mediterranean Blue M550i sometime after....
      05-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #68
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Quote:
Yes that is the company bringing my cars unfortunately they don't offer tracking.

I did drive through the parking lots of the dealership a few times today lol. I didn't see my car.

I will stop by one more time before sleeping, talk about being a stalker
Don't blame ya one bit.... I'd be doing the same thing....

Fortunately right now we're focused on the move so much that the BMW is in the background... Yeah, I check it when I have a minute, but packing, setting up the new place, etc. is monopolizing most of our time.

Crazy month... move 5.11 - western Caribbean cruise 5.18-5.25... And maybe Mediterranean Blue M550i sometime after....
Your so lucky that you have other things keeping you occupied. I wish I could say the same.

I'm getting the exact same color!! Can't wait for the Med blue to come in.

Drove by the dealership twice again today, saw 2 trucks but they were all filled with X5's.

My car is scheduled to come in tomorrow, let's see what happens. Looked at bmw website today and shows it's still at port.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #69
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your so lucky that you have other things keeping you occupied. I wish I could say the same.

Drove by the dealership twice again today, saw 2 trucks but they were all filled with X5's.

My car is scheduled to come in tomorrow, let's see what happens. Looked at bmw website today and shows it's still at port.
Yes, we pretty much have the same car... Med Blue, Ivory White Nappa, 759i's... I'll be drooling over yours long before mine arrives so please post lots of pics, lol.

And, unbelievably.... MyBMW now says... wait for it.... In Transit!!!

You could have picked my jaw off the floor when I saw that just now... Automated phone line still says at port and they don't open til 9 EDT, but you can bet I'll be calling trying to find out what ship....
      05-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #70
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, we pretty much have the same car... Med Blue, Ivory White Nappa, 759i's... I'll be drooling over yours long before mine arrives so please post lots of pics, lol.

And, unbelievably.... MyBMW now says... wait for it.... In Transit!!!

You could have picked my jaw off the floor when I saw that just now... Automated phone line still says at port and they don't open til 9 EDT, but you can bet I'll be calling trying to find out what ship....
That's what I'm talking about!!!
I remember the day I saw the update "in transit", my jaw was displaced for few days lol

You will have so much fun tracking your ship once you get that information. It's awesome because it's much different than bmw tracking, your not left guessing or clueless.

My dealership sent me an update on Thursday that my car was at VPC on 5/1/19 and assigned a carrier 5/3/19. The shipment date was 5/4/19 and delivery date was set for today 5/6/19, but I just checked online website and the status still says "at the port". I thought it might just be a delay in update. Since you saw an update on your status, I'm now doubtful about it being a delay. Unless it's possible to have delays on some vehicles and not others.

To many scenarios I can play out in my head, it will never end lol.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #71
RLSinCO
Maximum Effort
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M550i

Quote:
western Caribbean cruise 5.18-5.25... And maybe Mediterranean Blue M550i sometime after....
Just took my family on a Western Caribbean cruise aboard Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - was awesome! Enjoy.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #72
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I hope you get to see it tomorrow. I want pics!!!

Mine is on the Olympian Highway due in Brunswick 5/20. Right in the middle of our cruise, so hopefully it'll be our welcome home present!
      05-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #73
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I hope you get to see it tomorrow. I want pics!!!

Mine is on the Olympian Highway due in Brunswick 5/20. Right in the middle of our cruise, so hopefully it'll be our welcome home present!
That works out perfectly right after your vacation!

So I wake up early morning today to use the bathroom, I get back in bed to sleep a little longer. Of course my impulse kicks in, so with only one eye open I decide to look at the BMW website for an update. Guess what I see????
"At the dealership"

Forget about getting back into bed or taking a shower. Quickly brushed my teeth and took off to the dealership to look through the parking lot for my car (heart is beating abnormally). Sadly, I couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to wait another 30 mins till they opened up and called them from the parking lot.

GM tells me that he doesn't know anything about my car delivery. Since he just got in, I asked him to look through his computer for any updates. No updates of any delievery, and he's not sure why my status states that.

I thought I've seen it all, until this happened lol!
Should have just went back to sleep smh

Sorry, I HAD to share this story I experienced today.
Appreciate 3
      05-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #74
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

So I wake up early morning today to use the bathroom, I get back in bed to sleep a little longer. Of course my impulse kicks in, so with only one eye open I decide to look at the BMW website for an update. Guess what I see????
"At the dealership"

Forget about getting back into bed or taking a shower. Quickly brushed my teeth and took off to the dealership to look through the parking lot for my car (heart is beating abnormally). Sadly, I couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to wait another 30 mins till they opened up and called them from the parking lot.

GM tells me that he doesn't know anything about my car delivery. Since he just got in, I asked him to look through his computer for any updates. No updates of any delievery, and he's not sure why my status states that.

No apologies needed. We've been waiting so long it's perfectly understandable. I watched Olympian Hwy creep into Southampton this afternoon just because...

That is odd though... website is always behind and you'd think it had to be there... Probably tomorrow...
      05-08-2019, 01:44 AM   #75
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

"At the dealership"

No apologies needed. We've been waiting so long it's perfectly understandable. I watched Olympian Hwy creep into Southampton this afternoon just because...

That is odd though... website is always behind and you'd think it had to be there... Probably tomorrow...
Seriously! It was always slow to update but decided to speed it up just a little to fast lol.

I don't know, but tracking the ship was the best part for me.

After searching for 3 hours online and making 10 different phone calls, I got through to some random person that's part of the trucking company. He connected me to a line and provided me with a number and a lady was able to give me an update on the truck! She said he was in Ohio and should be at dealership today morning. However, she was confused at the end of the phone call as to how I got her number lol!! Told her it's a long story
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #76
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bad boy came in yesterday morning

I stayed in the parking lot for few hours just staring at it
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      05-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #77
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

05-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #78
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:

Congratulations!

Post some pics soon!!
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
bastula181.50
      05-10-2019, 01:17 AM   #79
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittalfdk View Post
Quote:

Congratulations!

Post some pics soon!!
Thank you, I'm glad I was able to communicate with you all during this whole process. Couldn't have made it without the "gang"

I am in love with this car, it was all so worth the wait.

I need to get the car cleaned, dealership detail was not up to par but got the job done for the time being.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      05-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #80
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Some interior pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      05-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #81
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Beautiful!!!

I echo your thoughts... being able to talk to y'all through this wait has made it so much more bearable.

Thank you for all the pics.

Now it's time to:

After thr brek in of course!
bastula181.50
      05-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #82
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Nice looking car!!, question how is the side bolstering on the front seats as compared to the m5 seats? Have not sat in m550 seats , the m5 seats are fabulous to me.
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      05-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #83
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Gorgeous car, congrats!
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      05-10-2019, 09:05 PM   #84
RNemesisN63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Congrats!!! Beautiful car. Now comes the wait for the break-in period to be over.
      05-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #85
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Congrats!!! It's finally here! I'm so happy for you
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      05-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #86
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBimmer View Post
Congrats!!! Beautiful car. Now comes the wait for the break-in period to be over.
Quote:
Beautiful!!!

I echo your thoughts... being able to talk to y'all through this wait has made it so much more bearable.

Thank you for all the pics.

Now it's time to:

After thr brek in of course!
Your going to love your color and rims sooooo much when you get your car!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Gorgeous car, congrats!
Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBimmer View Post
Thank you!! I'm trying so hard to keep my right foot under control. I pushed it one time and let off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Nice looking car!!, question how is the side bolstering on the front seats as compared to the m5 seats? Have not sat in m550 seats , the m5 seats are fabulous to me.
Thank you! I got the nappa leather, which I thought was just for looks, but man, these seats feel AMAZING, so soft and easy on your back.

I can't really give you a true answer since I have not sat in the m5 yet.
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00
      05-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #87
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

QUOTE=bastula;24772985]Congrats!!! It's finally here! I'm so happy for you [/QUOTE]
Thank you!! My original partner in crime
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #88
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Car looks absolutely AMAZING!
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50