BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding LCI tail lights (stock nonretrofit) disabling brake light functioning as turn signal

09-13-2022, 03:25 AM   #1
FrankW1029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

LCI tail lights (stock nonretrofit) disabling brake light functioning as turn signal

Hi all,

this is question probably only for the US guys. Has anyone tried and successfully disable the brake lights that are doubling functioning as the large turn signal on top of the thin-strip turn signal?

i've gone through the thread about retrofitting LCI to pre-LCI cars and the coding i found only pertains to making the LCI lights function.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 04:25 PM   #2
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone has been able to do this.

I only know of 1 person in Brooklyn NY who has done it and he said he makes a module which takes a lot of time and would need my car for a whole day if I wanted to get it done. It would also cost a few hundred bucks to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 08:40 PM   #3
FrankW1029
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
I'd be interested in seeing if anyone has been able to do this.

I only know of 1 person in Brooklyn NY who has done it and he said he makes a module which takes a lot of time and would need my car for a whole day if I wanted to get it done. It would also cost a few hundred bucks to do.
that's interesting. i would've thought it's just the matter of coding either in e-sys or bimmercode expert mode. I asked bimmercode support before and pretty much didn't get any answer.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
NesoX
Private
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW1029 View Post
Hi all,

this is question probably only for the US guys. Has anyone tried and successfully disable the brake lights that are doubling functioning as the large turn signal on top of the thin-strip turn signal?

i've gone through the thread about retrofitting LCI to pre-LCI cars and the coding i found only pertains to making the LCI lights function.
u must change the output from the lamp
Appreciate 0