BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Drive 6 - Bluetooth issues

10-05-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
Felixen
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: G31 520i

Drive 6 - Bluetooth issues

Hi fellow BMW drivers

I’ve been having some Bluetooth issues for about a week now. I have a G31 from 2019 with Idrive 6. My phone is an iPhone 13 Pro, which I have had for about a year. I haven’t had any Bluetooth issues until now. I previously had an iPhone 11 Pro. No issues at all.

About a week ago my phone was not connected via Bluetooth when I started the car. Apparently the car could see the phone, and I was able to select “connect”, but it keep saying unable to connect. So I deleted the connection via both the car and the phone. I paired them again, and it connected just fine.

I thought everything was fine again, but the problem was there again the next time I got in the car. It has been like that ever since. I have to unpair and pair again, in order to use the Bluetooth connection via my phone.

It even happens if I just stop 5 minutes for gas.

I’ve tried to “reset” idrive, by holding the volume button until the screen goes black. I’ve also tried to “update idrive services” by pressing the options button in the connected drive menu. I’ve even tried to reinstall my phone from a backup to see if that helped. Nothing has worked so far.

The problem came out of nowhere. I haven’t updated my phone OS or Idrive for a while. The car hasn’t been at the dealer for service or anything.

Any suggestions for a fix? Thank you very much in advance.

Forgive me, if a solution has already been posted. I tried searching the forums, but did not find a fix - apart from resetting Idrive, but that did not work.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 03:49 PM   #2
machefai
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixen View Post
Hi fellow BMW drivers

I’ve been having some Bluetooth issues for about a week now. I have a G31 from 2019 with Idrive 6. My phone is an iPhone 13 Pro, which I have had for about a year. I haven’t had any Bluetooth issues until now. I previously had an iPhone 11 Pro. No issues at all.

About a week ago my phone was not connected via Bluetooth when I started the car. Apparently the car could see the phone, and I was able to select “connect”, but it keep saying unable to connect. So I deleted the connection via both the car and the phone. I paired them again, and it connected just fine.

I thought everything was fine again, but the problem was there again the next time I got in the car. It has been like that ever since. I have to unpair and pair again, in order to use the Bluetooth connection via my phone.

It even happens if I just stop 5 minutes for gas.

I’ve tried to “reset” idrive, by holding the volume button until the screen goes black. I’ve also tried to “update idrive services” by pressing the options button in the connected drive menu. I’ve even tried to reinstall my phone from a backup to see if that helped. Nothing has worked so far.

The problem came out of nowhere. I haven’t updated my phone OS or Idrive for a while. The car hasn’t been at the dealer for service or anything.

Any suggestions for a fix? Thank you very much in advance.

Forgive me, if a solution has already been posted. I tried searching the forums, but did not find a fix - apart from resetting Idrive, but that did not work.
Did you ever figure out a solution? I'm having the same exact problem!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 04:53 PM   #3
j786
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520D X-Drive

I also had the same problem a week ago, twice this happened but hasn't happened since. Nothing was changed so not sure why it happened not why it stopped happening
Appreciate 0