BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Wheel hop 530e

04-05-2022, 07:16 PM   #1
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Wheel hop 530e

I did a few high speed take offs today from the traffic lights and experienced wheel hop on rear left of the car only. Always the rear left.

I can also feel it slightly when taking a tight right turn at speed for example circling a roundabout (right hand drive here in Ireland)

I also notice if driving off gravel the back left tends to skid never the back right.

Think I could have a variable shock damaged which could explain the last minor stability issue in my car.

(I spent months discovering my variable dampers we're all confused bad module coding)

If a variable damper was damaged and too soft then I assume it could cause wheel hop when pushing it hard/launching and at normal speeds in daily driving a slight wallow feeling/tendency to create bumps or make minor bumps more pronounced and the damaged side to skid on gravel.

I know the car took a bad pothole hit on the back left prior to me purchasing as the alloy was bent over a large area when I had them refurbished.

All the arms and bushings have been inspected multiple times by BMW and Indy's and nothing obvious.

Alternatively maybe the rear drive shaft/diff is damaged and causing hop and uneven power down even when driving normally resulting in the minor exaggeration of any road imperfections and causing a hop when launching.

Any advice much appreciated.
Appreciate 0