BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

10-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #1079
Ok
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
there's no such thing as "perfect" especially in humans - a 10/10 simply does not exist. it is the image we create in our minds and (hopefully) we work towards reaching that perfection

that's why you settle with two 5's instead of finding that one 10!
and exchange her when she's 40 to two 20 year olds

Good one, I had the 10+10, then we got old lol, 50+ people still say that she`s 10 +10, I never looked at it that way, I was just in love, and lots of hormones, anyways no pictures, and good night.

Last edited by Ok; 10-26-2018 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #1080
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 330xi View Post
No wonder 99.99% of you kids are single, fart jokes? That turns women off, good luck in finding your perfect woman.
Who are you again?
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17874.00
      10-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #1081
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
there's no such thing as "perfect" especially in humans - a 10/10 simply does not exist. it is the image we create in our minds and (hopefully) we work towards reaching that perfection

Good one, I had the 10+10, then we got old lol, 50+ people still say that she`s 10 +10, I never looked at it that way, I was just in love, and lots of hormones, anyways no pictures, and good night.
Quote:
Quote:

Good one, I had the 10+10, then we got old lol, 50+ people still say that she`s 10 +10, I never looked at it that way, I was just in love, and lots of hormones, [COLOR="DarkRed"]anyways no pictures, and good night.[/COLOR]
Who asked you?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #1082
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Well, I tried. Told someone I spend a lot of time with that I like her and wanted to be with her. Crashed and burned. Shot down in flames.

I'm short, fat, ugly, and nearly 50. I think it's time to just give up.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #1083
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Well, I tried. Told someone I spend a lot of time with that I like her and wanted to be with her. Crashed and burned. Shot down in flames.

Sorry, that sucks, but it's good you tried. Don't give up.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #1084
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Thanks - but there's several reasons for giving up. Trust is going to be a big one.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #1085
________
________
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Thanks - but there's several reasons for giving up. Trust is going to be a big one.
What happened? Did I miss your story?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #1086
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
That was the whole story. We'd had a few drinks and got to talk about a lot of things - told her how I felt, and she said we'd talk about it tomorrow (this was Thursday night). She's avoided me ever since, so clearly doesn't want to talk about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #1087
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That was the whole story. We'd had a few drinks and got to talk about a lot of things - told her how I felt, and she said we'd talk about it tomorrow (this was Thursday night). She's avoided me ever since, so clearly doesn't want to talk about it.
Oh so it's a coworker/colleague feelings review gone south?

I'm sorry it happened to you, but it does happen.

Instead of giving up, you need to change 1 thing immediately.

You said you're ugly. You have to change that, now. Gym, first. You BELIEVING you're not ugly, second.

If you believe you're ugly, why should others think you look good?

Confidence is the name of the game.

While you're building your improved looks and how you feel about yourself, you can also work on reading how others feel toward you, so you don't crash and burn. All of us can improve, but look at doc situation above... the guy has had all signs that she wants him, and he still doesn't have a clue and doesn't have the courage to make a move.
The opposite happened to you, but with the same root cause: lack of understanding of how she felt before making the move.

Far from giving up, but also far from trying too hard. Find yourself and your balance. Focus on YOU, not on being with others. When you're happy with yourself, you can share that with somebody else.
Appreciate 3
nyalpine907383.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #1088
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh so it's a coworker/colleague feelings review gone south?

I'm sorry it happened to you, but it does happen.

Instead of giving up, you need to change 1 thing immediately.

You said you're ugly. You have to change that, now. Gym, first. You BELIEVING you're not ugly, second.

If you believe you're ugly, why should others think you look good?

Confidence is the name of the game.

While you're building your improved looks and how you feel about yourself, you can also work on reading how others feel toward you, so you don't crash and burn. All of us can improve, but look at doc situation above... the guy has had all signs that she wants him, and he still doesn't have a clue and doesn't have the courage to make a move.
The opposite happened to you, but with the same root cause: lack of understanding of how she felt before making the move.

Far from giving up, but also far from trying too hard. Find yourself and your balance. Focus on YOU, not on being with others. When you're happy with yourself, you can share that with somebody else.
No - friend thing gone south.

I've recently lost 60 lbs, and am planning to lose another 30 - but that's mainly so I can get in and out of my Ferrari and Lamborghini easier (when I get them). But no amount of trim/buff appearance will change Jabba the Hutt.

I've always had issues with women - being a shy introvert does not help at all. By the time women get to know the real me, I'm already friend-zoned. And very few even take the time to get to know me. But as my life is about to change dramatically (about to go from renting and servicing debt to probably getting a house, Ferrari and Lamborghini - paying cash) I will in future become very suspicious of anyone who does show interest.

But it's ok - I've become accustomed to being alone. Sometimes even prefer it. Especially my introverted side.
Appreciate 4
      10-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #1089
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
here's a good story for you guys, happened last night.
one of my good friends invited me to a party for halloween, being the juul fiend i am i went there dressed as a juul, but that came off real quick because cardboard is a great insulator when you're in a small apartment with tons of people.

things die down, i'm chatting to a friend, haven't seen him in a minute so we were catching up. out of no where, this girl i met earlier at that party comes up, and brought her friend with her who was clearly losing her shit because she wanted to save the world but was afraid no one was going to read her work. i was interested because that is NOT the type of thing people here generally are concerned about.

her friends were leaving, we were just talking outside and her friend convinced the girl to go leave with them. thankfully before that i got her snap - she leaves, me and my friend decide to leave too because it was 1-2am and the party was dying down. that girl hits me up saying she doesn't want to go home with them and asks what i'm up to, as we're walking up the block we run into her and she tags along, my bro leaves so we're chilling.

we come to my place after getting food, make out a bit then my roommate walks in, realizes my door is open and im with someone so he leaves to "get food" (total bro). fooled around, then she says she wants to walk around campus so we go out, walk around and come back to my apartment, crashed a party my friends were invited to, head back to my room later.

she stayed over, woke me up at like 6.30-7ish because she wanted to watch the sunshine, and after fooled around a bit more then got breakfast and dropped her off at her friends. great way to start this sunday for sure

only issue: she was dressed up as ariel (did i mention she is a natural redhead/strawberry brunette with blue eyes? aka my kriptonite??) and had hella glitter, so if anyone knows how to remove glitter from a dirty look "beard" please let me know
Appreciate 5
________4157.00
nyalpine907383.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #1090
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No - friend thing gone south.

I've recently lost 60 lbs, and am planning to lose another 30 - but that's mainly so I can get in and out of my Ferrari and Lamborghini easier (when I get them). But no amount of trim/buff appearance will change Jabba the Hutt.

I've always had issues with women - being a shy introvert does not help at all. By the time women get to know the real me, I'm already friend-zoned. And very few even take the time to get to know me. But as my life is about to change dramatically (about to go from renting and servicing debt to probably getting a house, Ferrari and Lamborghini - paying cash) I will in future become very suspicious of anyone who does show interest.

But it's ok - I've become accustomed to being alone. Sometimes even prefer it. Especially my introverted side.
my dude, i used to think the same way as you do. hell, i still think somewhat as to what you think - especially the part in bold. i read up on some material that i found online (internet is one hell of a place) that changed my opinion on many things about women and relationships.
first off a lot of people, especially in this country in 2018 seem to be looking for fast-action, short lived fun (hookups). of course our age groups are different but i don't see why generally speaking we can't say that. i'm not of age to even walk into a ferrari/lambo dealer, even if i had the cash, and be taken seriously.
i'd honestly get to know you a bit better, especially as in what you do for a living etc. losing 60 pounds is a decent feat on its own, do tell how - being able to drop almost $1m in cash (250k each for cars and 500k for home, roughly) is awesome, hope i can get to do that some day.

a lot of people don't really care about others, and its always a shitshow trying to figure out who actually cares and who doesn't; so long as you do you it'll be all good. as in, don't sit at home expecting to have women come by the hour - unless you put yourself out there you won't be known. being a shy introvert is almost exactly the opposite of who i am so i can't say much about that, but if you have a decent income you must be sociable and easy going, even if just a little bit (or was born into the rotschilds, in that case - do you need a son?), why not use that to your advantage?

i'm not too interesting, i don't do "cool shit", but i like cars, im from another country studying in the states and im a decently smart dude. somehow these combined are very interesting to some people - figure out what makes dinonz dinonz and go with that. if you like hookers and blow? go find some hookers and call your plug. if you like sitting at home and reading? read stuff that'll help you improve on this topic. i'm suggesting that last part based on you posting that here - you want to meet people and hang out, but unfortunately if you sit at home people won't be (literally) knocking on your door.

i dont know why this turned out to be so long, but my point stands - shoot me a PM if you want to talk
Appreciate 6
bimmette6452.50
dinonz3214.00
________4157.00
Germanauto9665.50
King Rudi13152.00
      10-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #1091
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my dude, i used to think the same way as you do. hell, i still think somewhat as to what you think - especially the part in bold. i read up on some material that i found online (internet is one hell of a place) that changed my opinion on many things about women and relationships.
first off a lot of people, especially in this country in 2018 seem to be looking for fast-action, short lived fun (hookups). of course our age groups are different but i don't see why generally speaking we can't say that. i'm not of age to even walk into a ferrari/lambo dealer, even if i had the cash, and be taken seriously.
i'd honestly get to know you a bit better, especially as in what you do for a living etc. losing 60 pounds is a decent feat on its own, do tell how - being able to drop almost $1m in cash (250k each for cars and 500k for home, roughly) is awesome, hope i can get to do that some day.

a lot of people don't really care about others, and its always a shitshow trying to figure out who actually cares and who doesn't; so long as you do you it'll be all good. as in, don't sit at home expecting to have women come by the hour - unless you put yourself out there you won't be known. being a shy introvert is almost exactly the opposite of who i am so i can't say much about that, but if you have a decent income you must be sociable and easy going, even if just a little bit (or was born into the rotschilds, in that case - do you need a son?), why not use that to your advantage?

i'm not too interesting, i don't do "cool shit", but i like cars, im from another country studying in the states and im a decently smart dude. somehow these combined are very interesting to some people - figure out what makes dinonz dinonz and go with that. if you like hookers and blow? go find some hookers and call your plug. if you like sitting at home and reading? read stuff that'll help you improve on this topic. i'm suggesting that last part based on you posting that here - you want to meet people and hang out, but unfortunately if you sit at home people won't be (literally) knocking on your door.

i dont know why this turned out to be so long, but my point stands - shoot me a PM if you want to talk
Yeah - I think we're different ages, and at different stages in our lives. I'm nearly 50, and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I've read all the stuff about having confidence etc. but it just doesn't work for me with women. Work - I have no issue with confidence. But personally, I'm a mess.

I co-founded a company 7 years ago, and it's now valued at about $75 million. I still own a small chunk of it, and the cash I'm about to drop is only a minor chunk of that.

I have a decent (underpaid however as I am in a "start-up") salary - decent enough to lease an M3 and enjoy it. Being a shy introvert means I don't like putting myself out there. I very rarely (about once a year) go to bars or restaurants alone, and even then I am unlikely to talk to anyone other than the staff. I have no problem having a conversation with people - but I absolutely suck at the small talk or chatting someone up. My stomach ties up in knots and I can barely mumble a few words.

I'm from another country too (hence the NZ on my name) but that doesn't seem to change much (for me). I have had one woman come over and tell my boss "couldn't you just listen to him all day" but she was at least 70 so didn't really excite me to try to get her number.

Unfortunately, I have no hobbies or interests other than work. I have been actively looking for a hobby that interests me, but everything I am interested in is either unsuitable to do at home in the evenings (kart racing, flying) or something I have done before and thus less interesting (stamp collecting, coin collecting, glass engraving, model building... the list goes on). The Ferrari I want is more likely a 308 (and the Lamborghini a Countach) and part of that is it might give me a hobby to be able to work on the cars, especially the Ferrari - they're actually fairly basic and use standard components. I've been to a few BMW M events, but at times feel I'd rather talk to the local mechanic about stuff. I dunno - I might be suffering from mild grade depression too - that doesn't help.

Thank - I appreciate the offer! I'll keep that in mind.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #1092
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah - I think we're different ages, and at different stages in our lives. I'm nearly 50, and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I've read all the stuff about having confidence etc. but it just doesn't work for me with women. Work - I have no issue with confidence. But personally, I'm a mess.

I co-founded a company 7 years ago, and it's now valued at about $75 million. I still own a small chunk of it, and the cash I'm about to drop is only a minor chunk of that.

I have a decent (underpaid however as I am in a "start-up") salary - decent enough to lease an M3 and enjoy it. Being a shy introvert means I don't like putting myself out there. I very rarely (about once a year) go to bars or restaurants alone, and even then I am unlikely to talk to anyone other than the staff. I have no problem having a conversation with people - but I absolutely suck at the small talk or chatting someone up. My stomach ties up in knots and I can barely mumble a few words.

I'm from another country too (hence the NZ on my name) but that doesn't seem to change much (for me). I have had one woman come over and tell my boss "couldn't you just listen to him all day" but she was at least 70 so didn't really excite me to try to get her number.

Unfortunately, I have no hobbies or interests other than work. I have been actively looking for a hobby that interests me, but everything I am interested in is either unsuitable to do at home in the evenings (kart racing, flying) or something I have done before and thus less interesting (stamp collecting, coin collecting, glass engraving, model building... the list goes on). The Ferrari I want is more likely a 308 (and the Lamborghini a Countach) and part of that is it might give me a hobby to be able to work on the cars, especially the Ferrari - they're actually fairly basic and use standard components. I've been to a few BMW M events, but at times feel I'd rather talk to the local mechanic about stuff. I dunno - I might be suffering from mild grade depression too - that doesn't help.

Thank - I appreciate the offer! I'll keep that in mind.
that is awesome! i'm pursuing a lot of entrepreneurship related stuff on campus, we won 3rd place at a pitch competition for a blockchain based car project but we all ended up giving up on it. not my proudest moment to realize that as the "founder" we were giving up on the project, but lack of funding + pressure from parents and even myself to finish my degree resulted in that. after i get it we'll see what happens, but #1 priority right now is finishing school, plan is to keep it as a back up just in case.

i don't go to bars/restaurants alone - what i do is call a few friends up so we can all go, at least going into the spot i know people beforehand. chances are i run into someone i know, but its more of a security kinda thing. if all else fails, it's drinks with the boys which is always fun. 308 and a countach sounds hella fun, hope you enjoy them in good health.

honestly though, women love passion for some reason. i matched with a girl on tinder in school, and in the suburbs we started talking. she said that we should hang out some time, and i was planning on going to a car meet so i asked if she was interested in cars, said yes so i was like come along. turns out that she had no idea about anything relating cars but just enjoyed me nerding out on some cool BMW's. you can probably portray that with coin collecting or glass engraving - coins are currency, people like currency. im sure some that you have are like limited edition productions valued at x500 the face value; glass engraving sounds like a fun thing as well.

another convo starter could be your business, without giving any numbers. people are interested in doing their own thing, only a select few actually push through with it. also something to keep in mind: honesty is the best deceiver. if you can be honest about some stuff you don't really need to be 100% honest about other stuff - if you can be upfront with you liking different things than a common guy, no one really needs to know you're a shy introvert that is doing very well financially.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 06:44 AM   #1093
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
No wonder 99.99% of you kids are single, fart jokes? That turns women off, good luck in finding your perfect woman.
Why so uptight?
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #1094
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
here's a good story for you guys, happened last night.
one of my good friends invited me to a party for halloween, being the juul fiend i am i went there dressed as a juul, but that came off real quick because cardboard is a great insulator when you're in a small apartment with tons of people.

things die down, i'm chatting to a friend, haven't seen him in a minute so we were catching up. out of no where, this girl i met earlier at that party comes up, and brought her friend with her who was clearly losing her shit because she wanted to save the world but was afraid no one was going to read her work. i was interested because that is NOT the type of thing people here generally are concerned about.

her friends were leaving, we were just talking outside and her friend convinced the girl to go leave with them. thankfully before that i got her snap - she leaves, me and my friend decide to leave too because it was 1-2am and the party was dying down. that girl hits me up saying she doesn't want to go home with them and asks what i'm up to, as we're walking up the block we run into her and she tags along, my bro leaves so we're chilling.

we come to my place after getting food, make out a bit then my roommate walks in, realizes my door is open and im with someone so he leaves to "get food" (total bro). fooled around, then she says she wants to walk around campus so we go out, walk around and come back to my apartment, crashed a party my friends were invited to, head back to my room later.

she stayed over, woke me up at like 6.30-7ish because she wanted to watch the sunshine, and after fooled around a bit more then got breakfast and dropped her off at her friends. great way to start this sunday for sure

only issue: she was dressed up as ariel (did i mention she is a natural redhead/strawberry brunette with blue eyes? aka my kriptonite??) and had hella glitter, so if anyone knows how to remove glitter from a dirty look "beard" please let me know
No one gets numbers anymore, it's snapchat now? Ugh. I will never ask someone for snapchat. I will also never download that dumb app.

Anyway, get a shower & bam glitter gone. Also, wtf is a "dirty look" beard? Man, I feel old.
Appreciate 4
      10-29-2018, 06:49 AM   #1095
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Can't let 1 cunt make you quit. Plenty of poon out there.
Appreciate 1
xander_g962.50
      10-29-2018, 07:05 AM   #1096
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]

better then jersey shore... few pics to go with story helps
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-29-2018, 07:14 AM   #1097
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Can't let 1 cunt make you quit. Plenty of poon out there.
Sounds like homie needs to accept himself before others will even begin to.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
xander_g962.50
      10-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #1098
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
No one gets numbers anymore, it's snapchat now? Ugh. I will never ask someone for snapchat. I will also never download that dumb app.

Anyway, get a shower & bam glitter gone. Also, wtf is a "dirty look" beard? Man, I feel old.
Yup, snapchat is the new thing. That way hoes can send you nudes without even having to talk to you.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-29-2018, 09:35 AM   #1099
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

yeah... first its snapchat, if you guys are "close enough" then you exchange numbers.
also snap is somewhat better if you ask me - you can't make that shit up unlike phone numbers.
dirty look is when normally you're clean shaven but you don't shave for a few days so you have the beginning of a beard but you don't look like you vape and play nintendo switch while your wife's boyfriend is in the house. (i dont like the beard trend either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yup, snapchat is the new thing. That way hoes can send you nudes without even having to talk to you.
pretty much! in kanye's words: "she's such a fucking hoe, i love it"
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #1100
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah... first its snapchat, if you guys are "close enough" then you exchange numbers.
also snap is somewhat better if you ask me - you can't make that shit up unlike phone numbers.
dirty look is when normally you're clean shaven but you don't shave for a few days so you have the beginning of a beard but you don't look like you vape and play nintendo switch while your wife's boyfriend is in the house. (i dont like the beard trend either)

pretty much! in kanye's words: "she's such a fucking hoe, i love it"
I'd rather get a fake number than waste my time on snapchat. That's for kids.

So you just didn't shave for a few days. That's either lazy or you want to grow it out. Either way, "dirty beard" sounds so dumb & should never be spoken again.

Kanye is a no talent moron.
Appreciate 0