BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing 530e ambient temperature sensor location

11-13-2023, 11:23 AM   #1
Davd99
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

530e ambient temperature sensor location

Hi all, would anyone know the location of the ambient (exterior) temperature sensor location on a 530e.
Mine has give up and outside temp constantly reading 50C. I did manage to find a post for replacing one on this forum where if you remove the front right wheel and pull back the wheel arch liner, it can be found protruding into the air vent. I found a video for replacing on the F10:

but my sensor is not in this location.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:58 PM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
It is behind the passenger wheel well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 06:06 AM   #3
Davd99
Registered
Rep

Thanks

Thanks for that. I was looking for it along the disc cooling vent. Will take another look later.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 10:09 AM   #4
Davd99
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
It is behind the passenger wheel well.
Was unable to locate it. Removed the front right wheel arch cover and went through all the wiring and I couldn't locate it. The illustration showing where to remove the sensor from doesn't seem to match anything behind the wheel arch cover. Or am I missing something in the attached photo?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 06:18 PM   #5
bmw-upgrade
Rep
Drives: bmw f36

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davd99 View Post
Was unable to locate it. Removed the front right wheel arch cover and went through all the wiring and I couldn't locate it. The illustration showing where to remove the sensor from doesn't seem to match anything behind the wheel arch cover. Or am I missing something in the attached photo?
I was looking for an answer on what is that Blue/red and blue/brown 0.35mm2 wires are on right side of the car (restoring it after crash), and no dice...

I suspected it to be temp sensor though ETK shows it on the left driver side but says it is same process for right side.

Well bud, ambient temp sensor (external temp sensor) looks exactly like what you have on those blue/red and blue/brow wires
Appreciate 0