BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding DAB not working - 2017 G31

01-14-2024, 07:31 AM   #1
Roi354
Rep
Drives: G31 & F15

DAB not working - 2017 G31

Hi all,

I've been without DAB for a few months almost entirely. It seems to cut in and out occasionally when I'm in London but otherwise I get nothing.
Sometimes there's just one station in the list, other times there's loads but you can't get audio from any of them.
I suspect there's an aerial connection issue as scanning finds no related faults. It did have a new rear screen fitted at the dealer some months ago, so this is quite likely connected.
What I'm after is a drawing showing where I should start to look and an idea of how much I need to dismantle to get to the connectors or whatever I should be checking for.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 11:23 AM   #2
capese21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 5 series Msport G30 530e

On the G30 saloon the DAB amp & aerial connections are under the high level brake light near the SOS telematic battery.

On the G31 I suspect its in a similar position so the headlining would need to be dropped down although this YT shows some removable panels. In your case as the screen has been replaced it more likely to be the connections to the screen which are probably behind the rear screen trim.

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 02:09 AM   #3
Roi354
Rep
Drives: G31 & F15

Thank you.
Appreciate 0