BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications M5 diffuser onto M550.. do I NEED an M5 specific exhaust ?? buying both

03-10-2023, 03:54 PM   #1
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
M5 diffuser onto M550.. do I NEED an M5 specific exhaust ?? buying both

I saw another thread on this topic, but it was slightly different, so I thought I would post a new question with my specific situation

My car was rear ended, and I’m going to be replacing both my rear bumper diffuser and my exhaust.

I know that I can swap out my rear diffuser to the M5 diffuser. When I do that I plan to also change the exhaust at least the muffler section and I’m wondering if I purchase an aftermarket muffler designed for the M550 the exhaust tips may be in the slightly wrong location.

If I were to buy an aftermarket exhaust designed for an F 90 and five I would assume that the tips would like that perfectly with the new diffuser, but does anyone here know if the engine side of the exhaust would lineup with the remainder of my system, and if not, I am assuming it would not take a ton of custom work to bend the pipes and weld it all together??

I recall seen a post on here or somebody years ago put an M5 muffler onto an M5 50 so I know it can be done. I have not decided what muffler I am going to get. I am looking at either an M5 used exhaust arenas, exhaust or Dinan.. no idea which woudl be better. I think the Remus is louder..

Any input? Thx!
Appreciate 0