BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding 2018 G30 IDrive Version

09-01-2022, 03:59 AM   #1
theWag
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D

2018 G30 IDrive Version

Hi,

New on here.... Paid for map upgrades yesterday with Bimmerupdates and got some bonuses thrown in like Apple CarPlay and Screen Mirroring. Been an Android user all my life but now seriously considering the switch

Anyway.... Looking at getting into coding and what features I can and can't code based on my hardware setup...

First question though... What idrive version do I have? NBTevo for sure, but am I on 5 or 6? When I look at the software update screen on the idrive, it says TB 007-039-008 and MB 007-039-008 for phone and multimedia? Yet everyone in here talks version 4, 5, 6, 7 etc.... - so confusing.

Also, if I've had CarPlay activated - is that a partial firmware upgrade or full (I don't think the TB / MB version codes changed during my map upgrade yesterday)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 06:24 AM   #2
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

Hey welcome

Most likely you will have ID6 as ID7 lite started showing up in 2019 cars.

I don't think you will have done any firmware upgrades through a map update.

Send me a PM bud

Thanks
Paul
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 07:22 AM   #3
theWag
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D

Thanks - still trying to get to grips with this forum, don't think I can PM yet as I've still got my virtual Bimmerpost L plates on
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 12:45 PM   #4
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

No worries bud where in the UK are you
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 04:21 PM   #5
deniel27
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 520d 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWag View Post
Hi,

New on here.... Paid for map upgrades yesterday with Bimmerupdates and got some bonuses thrown in like Apple CarPlay and Screen Mirroring. Been an Android user all my life but now seriously considering the switch

Anyway.... Looking at getting into coding and what features I can and can't code based on my hardware setup...

First question though... What idrive version do I have? NBTevo for sure, but am I on 5 or 6? When I look at the software update screen on the idrive, it says TB 007-039-008 and MB 007-039-008 for phone and multimedia? Yet everyone in here talks version 4, 5, 6, 7 etc.... - so confusing.

Also, if I've had CarPlay activated - is that a partial firmware upgrade or full (I don't think the TB / MB version codes changed during my map upgrade yesterday)

Thanks

If you got Apple Carplay activated this means you have at least ID5 but can be ID6. Im sure that you have one of this. IDrive7 for sure not, they wont give you as a bonus . ID4 need to be flashed to activate carplay wich is not possible with a usb stick. You can check your Idrive Istep where shows the Map version.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 06:28 PM   #6
belsby
Rep
Drives: 530ix 2017 G30

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
If you have the VIN number i can tell you your idrive version
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #7
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks

Go to the Maps section - scroll down all the way.
You'll see an option to enter position and software version.
in that menu, choose software version.

You'll see something like NBTevo_xxxxxxxxx
Appreciate 0