BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 Warranty Expiration This Month - Proactive Repairs?

02-09-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
mahi77
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E92 328i

G30 Warranty Expiration This Month - Proactive Repairs?

Factory warranty expiring end of this month on my G30 B58.

37k miles and had the car inspected last week with no issues noted other than oil leaking at the turbo charger compressor inlet connection.

I’ve noticed an occasional burning oil smell for the last few months (flashbacks to my E90 N55) after parking, and even had the dealer check it out back in November, but they could not replicate the smell.

My (trusted) Indy shop seems to be set on the idea that the PCV is functioning as normal and that blow-by is inevitable.

Thinking a catch can would be a step in the right direction, but is there anything I should be concerned about or have the dealership try and resolve? No tune currently, but planning BM3 post-warranty.

Any other items that I should try to get addressed?

I’ve had the car at the dealer for various things including font shutter faults, exhaust flap clip actuator replacement, drive mode selector replacement which seemed to gain a sticky feeling despite not having any spills, and faulty comfort access functionality which resulted in both key fobs needing to be replaced...

I’ve learned from my E90 N55 and F15 N57 that things conveniently break/deteriorate right after that warranty cut off so trying to cover what I can proactively.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

Get the oil leak fixed. If the inspection found nothing else then I don't know what grounds you'd have to ask for anything else that isn't broken to be "fixed."