BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding 2018 build, G30 - dealer did ECU programming to remove yellow check engine symbol and

10-22-2022, 10:47 PM   #1
TourStageFan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 535iX M-Sport, CaymanS, %E

2018 build - dealer did ECU programming to remove yellow check engine light and I los

Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

I took my car in yesterday because the yellow Check Engine light came on. The dealer said they needed to update my ECU to get rid of that error. As a result, I lost my BimmerCode coding.

When I reconnect to my car using BimmerCode, many of the ECU settings show as "unavailable"/check for update. For instance, I cannot change the "HU_NBT" settings for the Rolls Royce gong sound, tire pressure+temp., etc.

I have Backup files in my iPhone, but how do I restore an older one to use in BimmerCode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I sent a Support Request to BimmerCode, but have not heard back yet. Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0