BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Remap 530e

12-14-2022, 09:55 AM   #45
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

One sees these huge BHP/Liter numbers for other 4-cyl engines like Honda Civic R and the newest M-B AMG C, so it's very interesting to see our "little" 2 l getting hyped so much without a turbo change.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:09 AM   #46
Matyon267
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e iPerformance

Stage 1

Just uploaded stage 1 map 93 oct from mg flasher. Been really fun getting peak 350 horse just on stage 1. Bought a DP to install and try out stage 2. Cant wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 03:18 PM   #47
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Just to add…

I went for a few performance runs today along the motorway and honestly this remap makes the car a total monster.

The key is the e boost as it kicks in at launch and gives instant torque and acceleration then as the engine spools up there is literally no torque flat spot or reduction in acceleration right up to 220km.

Only thing stopping me going faster is that the Variable dampers are 10mm higher than M sport shocks and the car starts to feel a little floaty to me even in sport mode so I backed off. For anyone on M Sport this probably wouldn't be and issue.

Adding some sport springs and lowering down 15mm would be the only additional change that could improve things further but I'm reluctant to do that as it's physically obvious to anyone who looks at the car in the case of an accident and insurance may be voided. Also I hear rumours the VDC shocks can fail prematurely if lowering springs are fitted.(could be BS would like to know)

I would advise anyone with a 530e and who likes speed and torque to do this remap.

Simply unreal performance from a car that can return 90mpg around town and for me to date 47mpg on long motorway runs!! What's not to like.
I wonder if you couldn't just fit a set of M-Sport springs and a set of Konis or Bilstein B6ers for the normal 530i--tossing the adaptive junkers entirely. Have not checked the e and i weight difference.

Would not do springs only, as aside from the inherent compromise in the adaptive shocks, you are putting on mismatched parts--which almost never ends well.
Appreciate 0