BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads 2022 540i Build

11-30-2021, 10:04 PM   #1
G30Nashville
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i

2022 540i Build

After much debate on color and wheels, ended up going with Alpine White with the M Sport package and shadow line option. Also added the driver assist and 20" wheels, along with blue M Sport brakes and premium package.

Now, the wait begins. If anybody has pics of their 2021 or 22 AW let me know!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-30-2021, 10:29 PM   #2
LookBothWays
Private
Rep
Drives: Tahoe

How do you know when you've ordered a BMW. I thought I ordered a BMW but they won't give me a copy of the order and they won't charge my card for the deposit.

Called a BMW salesman the week before and it went to his answering service, said leave a message. I'm still waiting for a callback.

Talked with a salesgirl, is that pc, last month from another dealership I asked her to let me know when I could test drive one of their loaners, still waiting.

While waiting I'm learning what a new battery cost and that the service guys will screw you over a flat tire. Maybe fate is my friend.

Seriously though enjoy your new 540i, congrats!!

Last edited by LookBothWays; 12-01-2021 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 07:16 AM   #3
G30Nashville
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post
How do you know when you've ordered a BMW. I thought I ordered a BMW but they won't give me a copy of the order and they won't charge my card for the deposit.

Called a BMW salesman the week before and it went to his answering service, said leave a message. I'm still waiting for a callback.

Talked with a salesgirl, is that pc, last month from another dealership I asked her to let me know when I could test drive one of their loaners, still waiting.

While waiting I'm learning what a new battery cost and that the service guys will screw you over a flat tire. Maybe fate is my friend.

What city are you in? PM me and I can help.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
G07xG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 - 2024 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post

They should give you a production number with you're name on it as the Customer. If not than they are just stringing you along.

-- awesome 540i OP! Love the white and the 846M wheels!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #5
LookBothWays
Private
Rep
Drives: Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Atlanta View Post
What city are you in? PM me and I can help.
Thanks that's very kind of you and apologize for taking your thread off track.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 10:03 PM   #6
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

Ordered mine in October and it took exactly 2 months to get delivered to my dealership. It flipped in production pretty quick for me though. Love my build so far! Wish I've added parking assist for 360 dash camera feature..
Black Sapphire with cognac sensatec, m sport, red M brakes, driving assistant pro, Premium, shadowline, 19" black rims and heated steering wheel, carbon spoiler (small one).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DNYC1919478.00
      12-24-2021, 10:25 PM   #7
G30Nashville
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by duercos View Post
Ordered mine in October and it took exactly 2 months to get delivered to my dealership. It flipped in production pretty quick for me though. Love my build so far! Wish I've added parking assist for 360 dash camera feature..
Black Sapphire with cognac sensatec, m sport, red M brakes, driving assistant pro, Premium, shadowline, 19" black rims and heated steering wheel, carbon spoiler (small one).

Such a boss car. I have one on order, but I switched to a X3 M40i. Great build!
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      12-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #8
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Atlanta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by duercos View Post

Such a boss car. I have one on order, but I switched to a X3 M40i. Great build!
Thank you 😊
X3 M40 is properly quick and good sounding straight from factory. I would have to work on my car a bit..
It should take no more than 4 weeks for an X3 though, so it's good
Appreciate 0