BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 lci 135-145km/h vibrations

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

G30 lci 135-145km/h vibrations

Hello All

first of all wish you healhy and nice days.

I have bought 5.20i (1.6 170hp) which special engine for turkish Market

I took car at end of aug.

Since first kilometers my car has strong vibrations at 110-150km/h speed.

Returned back to the dealer

-road balance adjustment ( still continues)
- Then changed the tyres with bridgestones (olds are pirelli) Vibrations are cut down.

but after 500-600km done the vibration returned back but in different speed areas which as (135-145km/h) not strong as before but the whole car shakes the front passenger seat shaking

I see many threads like this but i think something effecting the balance of wheels

any advicides or ways before i go to dealer again?

Thank you all
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:20 AM   #2
CnSky
Captain
Ireland
175
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: BMW 530E 2017
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Did you get a road force balance done (not normal balance) it is the first thing you should do as it will tell you if the alloys could be buckled etc. G30 is very badly affected by weight on wheels, how many weights are on your alloys after the balance?

Also what size alloys? 20 or 19 inch?

Could it be the guibo? Rubber block between drive shaft and rear differential?

Did they install star marked tyres (BMW approved)

Also do you have variable dampers( an adaptive button beside the gear stick)?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Hi Cnsky

Thank you for replies

-Road force balance didnt done. Only normal balance
- I am not sure about that i cant see, need to check at dealer
- 18 inch alloys
- I can ask to dealer to check guibo. They didnt check it before
- Tyres are bridgestone er300 turanza (Starmarked)
- No adaptive button on car.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Did you get a road force balance done (not normal balance) it is the first thing you should do as it will tell you if the alloys could be buckled etc. G30 is very badly affected by weight on wheels, how many weights are on your alloys after the balance?

Also what size alloys? 20 or 19 inch?

Could it be the guibo? Rubber block between drive shaft and rear differential?

Did they install star marked tyres (BMW approved)

Also do you have variable dampers( an adaptive button beside the gear stick)?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:55 AM   #4
SctsOut06
Second Lieutenant
61
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2018 M550i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (1)

I've got this vibration too. Happens between 65-85.

Just switched to non-RFT and it's still there (from OEM star marked tires).

Have spacers on that I'm going to switch out and see if that is causing, but same symptoms. Vibration is in the seat and floor - not a tremendous amount of feedback in the steering wheel itself.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #5
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SctsOut06 View Post
I've got this vibration too. Happens between 65-85.

Just switched to non-RFT and it's still there (from OEM star marked tires).

Have spacers on that I'm going to switch out and see if that is causing, but same symptoms. Vibration is in the seat and floor - not a tremendous amount of feedback in the steering wheel itself.
Is it continues or changing, for example on downhills mines are almost stop.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #6
Superjackson
Second Lieutenant
Canada
95
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: M550i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Maybe you need an alignment, the toe could be off which can cause shakiness
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:16 PM   #7
CnSky
Captain
Ireland
175
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: BMW 530E 2017
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

In that case get a road force balance done first and then and check the guibo.

Also make sure you have selected 18inch wheels in I drive.


QUOTE=Haradrim;28305614]Hi Cnsky

Thank you for replies

-Road force balance didnt done. Only normal balance
- I am not sure about that i cant see, need to check at dealer
- 18 inch alloys
- I can ask to dealer to check guibo. They didnt check it before
- Tyres are bridgestone er300 turanza (Starmarked)
- No adaptive button on car.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Did you get a road force balance done (not normal balance) it is the first thing you should do as it will tell you if the alloys could be buckled etc. G30 is very badly affected by weight on wheels, how many weights are on your alloys after the balance?

Also what size alloys? 20 or 19 inch?

Could it be the guibo? Rubber block between drive shaft and rear differential?

Did they install star marked tyres (BMW approved)

Also do you have variable dampers( an adaptive button beside the gear stick)?
[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #8
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Thank you, will choose it and let you know.

I hope the guibo will solve the issue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
In that case get a road force balance done first and then and check the guibo.

Also make sure you have selected 18inch wheels in I drive.


QUOTE=Haradrim;28305614]Hi Cnsky

Thank you for replies

-Road force balance didnt done. Only normal balance
- I am not sure about that i cant see, need to check at dealer
- 18 inch alloys
- I can ask to dealer to check guibo. They didnt check it before
- Tyres are bridgestone er300 turanza (Starmarked)
- No adaptive button on car.


[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
CnSky
Captain
Ireland
175
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: BMW 530E 2017
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

I doubt it's the guibo if it started only after changing tyres.

More likely buckled rear alloy but Road force will solve that.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:48 PM   #10
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Actually i bought brand new car 0km, had this issue very much at the start. Change brand of tyres cut it down and returned back

Also one tip; at 70-80km speed there is little vibration 130-145 much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
I doubt it's the guibo if it started only after changing tyres.

More likely buckled rear alloy but Road force will solve that.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #11
CnSky
Captain
Ireland
175
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: BMW 530E 2017
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Well this could help it's an app for your phone I use it to identify vibration locations think it's $99 and you will have it forever works on all cars in the database.

https://vibratesoftware.com

Will tell you if it's tyres or drive shaft related immediately.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #12
Black
Registered
3
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 530D
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Had this on mine, rebalanced and no difference. turned out to be a slight buckle in the wheel which I got straightened out.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:30 PM   #13
SctsOut06
Second Lieutenant
61
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2018 M550i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SctsOut06 View Post
I've got this vibration too. Happens between 65-85.

Just switched to non-RFT and it's still there (from OEM star marked tires).

Have spacers on that I'm going to switch out and see if that is causing, but same symptoms. Vibration is in the seat and floor - not a tremendous amount of feedback in the steering wheel itself.
Is it continues or changing, for example on downhills mines are almost stop.
I get it whether I'm on the accelerator or not - just consistently between 65-85, with it being strongest at 78-82.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 11:02 AM   #14
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

I see many people had this issue. I think BMW AG should informed about this and need to find worldwide solution. Its not possible to many people have tyre or alloy problem. There is manufacture based problem.

My dad's Skoda Superb has 1to1 same issue. Skoda couldt find it. I think we cant too..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 12:37 PM   #15
cna90
Private
cna90's Avatar
Canada
18
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: BMW 540ix with MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim View Post
I see many people had this issue. I think BMW AG should informed about this and need to find worldwide solution. Its not possible to many people have tyre or alloy problem. There is manufacture based problem.

My dad's Skoda Superb has 1to1 same issue. Skoda couldt find it. I think we cant too..
I had it on my CPO right after pick up. Drive it for a week and realized it gets more when I brake in those speeds although the pads were new. Took at back to the dealer and they told me it was a bit of rust built up on the rotors since the car is been seating for while; they've machined my rotors.
Since then I used it with the 759 20" on all season Bridgestone set and recently switched to 664m 19" on winter Pirelli set. None had anymore issues. Worth a look.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:38 AM   #16
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
ejlover06's Avatar
Turkey
76
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Ankara

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim View Post
Hello All

first of all wish you healhy and nice days.

I have bought 5.20i (1.6 170hp) which special engine for turkish Market

I took car at end of aug.

Since first kilometers my car has strong vibrations at 110-150km/h speed.

Returned back to the dealer

-road balance adjustment ( still continues)
- Then changed the tyres with bridgestones (olds are pirelli) Vibrations are cut down.

but after 500-600km done the vibration returned back but in different speed areas which as (135-145km/h) not strong as before but the whole car shakes the front passenger seat shaking

I see many threads like this but i think something effecting the balance of wheels

any advicides or ways before i go to dealer again?

Thank you all
Is it solved?

What is the direction of the vibration? Was it a backward forward vibration? Or sideways/up-down vibration? First type is caused by transmission tribune and my car has it at certain speeds while accelerating at a constant pace. Latter ones are rim/tyre based.

DonanımHaber'deki başlığa da bekleriz bu arada; umarım çözülmüştür sorun
__________________
2017 G30 520 (1.6lt)
2016 S1000RR
2014 W205
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 05:21 PM   #17
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Went to the dealer,

Tyres are OK
rims are ok
Shaft is ok

car still gives vibrating 135-145km,

The dealer said, its road based. This car shakes on every road i dont accept this.

They offered me same car for a test drive. Will get it soon and check is it same or not. Then will decide. Until start, g30 lci is very dissatisfied for me. Missing my old f30 lci
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #18
CnSky
Captain
Ireland
175
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: BMW 530E 2017
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Have a garage or BMW (preferrably) check the wheels for centricity. They run them up on the balancer and then take the cover off while they are spinning, videoing on a tripod is best to see this with a background that has lines behind it (tiled wall or simialr).

BMW have had alloys before that were not hub centric the 759I had a bad batch for eample.

See below a video made by my local BMW garage for me showing my alloys were all bad even though they balanced. BMW refused to change them for me even though this could only be a manfactuirng defect as I had them refubished to try fix the issue so they blamed me but when I researched I found a bad batch did exist.

You can clearly see the hop in the wheels. Brand new tyres were also fitted a week before this test. Now maybe it was the tyres but I had the same issue with the set befroe that. I ended up buyng brand new OEM alloys and MPS3 tyres which solved the problem.


Last edited by CnSky; 12-05-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #19
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Hello Cnsky

First of all thank you for interest and helping me.

I am also think alloys are defect.

They didnt change. After i receive similar car i will demand new sets of alloys on my car.

will keep you updated.





Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Have a garage or BMW (preferrably) check the wheels for centricity. They run them up on the balancer and then take the cover off while they are spinning, videoing on a tripod is best to see this with a background that has lines behind it (tiled wall or simialr).

BMW have had alloys before that were not hub centric the 759I had a bad batch for eample.

See below a video made by my local BMW garage for me showing my alloys were all bad even though they balanced. BMW refused to change them for me even though this could only be a manfactuirng defect as I had them refubished to try fix the issue so they blamed me but when I researched I found a bad batch did exist.

You can clearly see the hop in the wheels. Brand new tyres were also fitted a week before this test. Now maybe it was the tyres but I had the same issue with the set befroe that. I ended up buyng brand new OEM alloys and MPS3 tyres which solved the problem.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #20
BMW012
New Member
3
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: G30
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Have a garage or BMW (preferrably) check the wheels for centricity. They run them up on the balancer and then take the cover off while they are spinning, videoing on a tripod is best to see this with a background that has lines behind it (tiled wall or simialr).

BMW have had alloys before that were not hub centric the 759I had a bad batch for eample.

See below a video made by my local BMW garage for me showing my alloys were all bad even though they balanced. BMW refused to change them for me even though this could only be a manfactuirng defect as I had them refubished to try fix the issue so they blamed me but when I researched I found a bad batch did exist.

You can clearly see the hop in the wheels. Brand new tyres were also fitted a week before this test. Now maybe it was the tyres but I had the same issue with the set befroe that. I ended up buyng brand new OEM alloys and MPS3 tyres which solved the problem.

Thanks for the video. Its hard to tell where the wheels are hopping - exactly where should I be focusing? and at those speeds - wouldn't all wheels react the same? just wondering if its a dealership gimmick. they usually then tell you u have a very slight bent rim and say it can be fixed for $.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:56 AM   #21
CnSky
Captain
Ireland
175
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: BMW 530E 2017
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

If you watch the top of the tyre as the wheel rotates you can see an up and down movement.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 08:29 AM   #22
Haradrim
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: Bmw 5 Series 2021
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Istanbul Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Update;

Drove 3 diffrent 5 series 2 luxury lines 1 m sport package.

All of them has same issue. I think the 2021 Aug after produced cars are have this issue. And no solutino at the moment.

Bmw AG should inform about this and have to find solution
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST