BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions "Remote Control Missing"

11-30-2021, 05:17 AM   #1
jtjk
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5 45e 2021, 520xda 2017

"Remote Control Missing"

Hello fellow BMW friends

I have 2017/2018 G31 with comfort access.

Last Friday my key battery was getting low and I changed it. After that the key worked well until late night.

Late night I was trying to start the car and it said "Remote Control Missing". I had actually my digital key with me and spare battery because of the battery low situation in the morning. I tried to wait until car shut down properly (15 minutes) and tried only digital key and again waited another 15 minutes and took another key long enought to be sure it does not make problem. Again remote control missing.

I tried to place the key to "key mark" in the driving wheel, but did not manage to start the car. I have been watching multiple videos, been talking with BMW maintenance guys and toll service. It just does not start. In my home I had spare key and it did not work either.

When reading faults, it gives zero errors/faults.

I can lock/unlock doors, but comfort access does not work so I need to push the buttons. Otherwise, car seems not to detect the keys.

Anybody with similar problems in past?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

You have two BMWs listed below your forum name…are you sure you have the correct remote for the car you’re trying to start? Only asking because I have two and on occasion I have picked up the wrong remote…which I discover when I go to start the vehicle and get the same message you report.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
Warp Ten641.50