BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Design wise, BMW is so so weird right now

05-19-2022, 05:14 PM   #1
Spydert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT, 530i M Sprt Pckg

Design wise, BMW is so so weird right now

So the other night I was driving and noticed a pair of headlights behind me. I was certain it was an LCI 5 series only for the car to overtake, and for me to see that it was some Volkswagen SUV. Weird I thought.
Then a few minutes later, I saw the tail lights of a car and was sure it was a BMW only to catch up and realize it was something else entirely. It wasn't even a German car.

I was like, BMW is really okay with losing this much on road identity? The angel eyes are a major reason I've stuck with BMW through the years. It's like I drive a car with real identity in the midst of the millions that ply our roads.

And then today, I sat in the new iX and I just hated that interior. Pretty much everything about it from the steering wheel to the curved tablet thingy. The car felt like it was designed by Artificial intelligence. So cold and unfriendly. Also got a chance to play with iDrive 8 and I was totally underwhelmed. It feels so geometric. Everything looks straight and cold and the menu system is definitely worse than in 7.

So I'm like, these guys are really losing it.

Then I enter the cabin of an M4 with Kyalami Orange interior and carbon fiber trim and it was one of the most beautiful car interiors I had ever been in. It's almost impossible to believe it was developed by the same team that did the iX.

And then I'm like maybe it's alright as long as BMW lets interiors like this co-exist with the new and unimproved - only to get on Bimmerpost and see that they are about to change the interior of all M3s and M4s to this totally underwhelming new style.

Something weird is really going on at BMW design.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
It used to be BMW Designs that influenced other products, Like this i8 computer mouse:

Now it seems BMW is making their new cars look like a computer mouse:

Last edited by arquitecto; 05-24-2022 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1211.00
apptest2999.00
      05-24-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

That i8 was what the proper M4 CSL was supposed to look like..

But they thought the avg. consumer was so gullible and stupid that they would adopt an electric future just becuase the company was offering better looking electric car than the ICE car.

Sorry that ploy failed , just like every other under handed attempt to push this electric/climate change agenda from the WEF
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 07:12 PM   #4
Saintjah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

I think BMW has been flooded by moron MBAs who cant even drive a stick yet assume they "know the market" based on what they can further cut costs on to pad their bonuses.
Appreciate 0