BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications facelift pre lci g30 to lci 21+

06-17-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
richie1983
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 530

facelift pre lci g30 to lci 21+

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the oem headlights new front bumper and grille. It appears that the parts will fit but the challenging part is the pre lci headlamps have 5 wires to the connectors and the lci have 4. Looking at wiring diagram there are 2 cacan wires for both models and a pos and ground on both connectors. The difference is the 1 blue wire on the pre lci. It appears this is the blinker wire. Does anyone know of someone that has done this and can lend some assistance in doing this facelift? I get buying a 21+ to get this but the price i spent on the car and the condition of the veh i'd like to keep this one. thanks in advance for the help
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 08:12 PM   #2
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie1983 View Post
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the oem headlights new front bumper and grille. It appears that the parts will fit but the challenging part is the pre lci headlamps have 5 wires to the connectors and the lci have 4. Looking at wiring diagram there are 2 cacan wires for both models and a pos and ground on both connectors. The difference is the 1 blue wire on the pre lci. It appears this is the blinker wire. Does anyone know of someone that has done this and can lend some assistance in doing this facelift? I get buying a 21+ to get this but the price i spent on the car and the condition of the veh i'd like to keep this one. thanks in advance for the help
From my understanding if you do this retro fit you will lose Dazzle. I believe an emulator is still required to make the turn signals work. Someone can correct me, unless something has changed since I last remember.

Perhaps reach out to kubax86 to confirm, he might know.

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1789442
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 09:59 PM   #3
Bjames93*
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30

If you want anti dazzle to work. You need to upgrade bdc module. If not. I can help with getting a set that uses pre lci modules on the lci headlight to enable anti dazzle and hba assist. It is possible
Appreciate 0