BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Magna Plate Kit Fitted / Screw Holes Filled

09-29-2023, 06:01 AM   #1
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

This might be useful for those of you who have to run a front license plate sometimes and are looking for a clean and removal plate solution.

Magna Plate License Plate Kit... ideal for US cars as you don't have screw holes or drilled in front plates.

Got the car back yesterday, after being in the bodyshop for a few days... I fitted a Magna Plate kit to the front bumper. Perfect for when you need to display your front license plate sometimes or have it on all the time, but remove it for pictures or car shows.

Behind the number plate surround, there were 7 holes that needed to be filled/smoothed off. Thought it was a good time to have the full bumper resprayed to remove a few big rock/stone chips too. Very pleased with the end result. Splitter is back on, just needs to be secured properly in in the morning.

So the bodyshop where I had the holes filled and bumper painted - they said they would remove the bumper and strip it all down for the prep work etc. I know they did this as I had them replace the driver side lower aero grille for me, as it was damaged (the only way to replace the aero grille is to remove the bumper completely and strip off the rear of it)

To install the magnets behind the bumper, it had to come off which I did a few weeks ago. It wasn't a difficult job, just time consuming with all the clips and screws that have to be removed. Magnets come with 3M tape on them but I also secured them with super glue around the edges and also duct tape on top.

I then attached the 4 magnet plate pads to the back of the license plate. They have felt on them too to protect the bumper for marks or scratches.

Glad it's all done though and gives a cleaner look for car shows or when taking pictures. Opted for shorter, 400mm x 110mm number plates from Full House Customs.
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0