BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Has anyone here replaced their interior trim?

07-29-2023, 10:29 PM   #1
uberboosted
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i xDrive

Has anyone here replaced their interior trim?

I've been thinking about trying to replace all my brown wood-grain trim with something that better matches the black interior. Preferably a grey wood-grain, but I might consider carbon fiber.

I'm hoping someone can tell me how difficult this is, and possibly recommend sources.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 02:23 PM   #2
bigscore
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW G30 540i M Sport

I'm thinking about doing this....

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 04:34 PM   #3
Bsm550
Private
Rep
Drives: M550xi

Tbh it wont be that difficult most of it is held in clips and it should be a one for one install maybe you would have to remove a few bolts for the center console. I was thinking of doing it myself i have walnut on mocha interior it would be cool with smoke grey wood.On ebay they have some cool stuff too i seen an all alcantara one that has all the pieces and lights but im not sure of the quality
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 03:26 AM   #4
742002tii
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2017 g30  [0.00]
2017 BMW G30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberboosted View Post
I've been thinking about trying to replace all my brown wood-grain trim with something that better matches the black interior. Preferably a grey wood-grain, but I might consider carbon fiber.

I'm hoping someone can tell me how difficult this is, and possibly recommend sources.
I don't see the attraction to carbon fiber personally. Lots of people love it and use it everywhere they can. It looks good, yes. But at the end of the day I feel wood grain continues to look better.

I've switched out some trim pieces but nothing comprehensive. Just OEM replacements for scratched or damaged.