BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion A new Clown Shoe? I'd be interested.

12-30-2023, 03:48 PM   #1
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

A new Clown Shoe? I'd be interested.

BMW's Z4 Concept Touring Coupe Could Herald the Return of the Clown Shoe

Lots more pictures in the article.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...7351JcpFZLcoTI
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      12-30-2023, 04:54 PM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

This is old news.
If it was a viable option, it would be here already. Looking at how long it took BMW to decide for a manual option on the z4 m40i (and sadly only in the US apparantly), a decision like this would take an eternity.
And if they'd make a very limited production run, you wouldn't be interested as nobody would be able to afford it.
The estimated 150k is very very low imho, looking at what the limited BMW 3.0 CSL costs (50 made, price around 800k I believe?).
So my price estimation, if a z4 like this would be made, would be around 500k. And it's not special enough for that.

A model like this is only interesting if you're gonna make thousands, and that decision should be made way earlier in the production run, before the facelift. So too late for the g29 platform.
And sadly cars like this are currently notoriously unpopular, so it would be a moneypit. People currently want sedans or SUV's. Even the estate model, once very popular in europe, is having a hard time.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-30-2023 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2023, 06:25 PM   #3
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Carries the old BMW design language, so it basically has zero chance of being built, since the "modern BMW customer" apparently demands garish, disjointed lines that don't flow front to back, overstyled front and rear design elements, and oddly proportioned side panels.

I never liked the clown shoe, just wasn't for me. Yet the "classic" styling alone has me liking this.
Appreciate 5
NickyC17484.50
Llarry15947.50
Ugly Kar414.50