BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions '19 M550i xHP Problems

03-18-2024, 01:10 PM   #1
uncle335i
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

'19 M550i xHP Problems

Hi Guys,

2019 M550i here with 40k miles. I installed xHP as I do with all of my vehicles, and am having some super odd issues. I'm finding that stage 2 and 3 are worse than the stock map ? My trans is now racing to get to 8th the gear and seems to lug the motor every chance it gets, creating a bucking sensation when the rpm's get too low. The downshifts are also slow and stacked close together. I've had xHP on quite a few of my past vehicles, most recently my 335i and 535d and it has only enhanced the driving experience. Unfortunately, on my m550, I can't say the same. I have tried to adjust the shifting points with the editor and that seemed to help a bit but the slow and stacked downshifts in comfort still remained. Has anyone else run into this ? I was thinking maybe I need a custom tune but I think that's a little much.
Appreciate 0