BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Mueller Testimony - Thoughts and a survey

View Poll Results: What was the result of the testimony of Mr. Mueller?
Meh...nothing new. SSDD. 24 38.10%
Damning for the democrats. 21 33.33%
Damning for the republicans. 2 3.17%
Damning for Mr. Trump 7 11.11%
Dumpster Fire for the entire republic. 20 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

07-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #89
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
Sincere question: Do you guys really believe that “sweeping and systematic” Russian interference “propelled” Trump to win the election? Because there is literally no evidence whatsoever that Russian interference of any kind influenced a single vote, much less that it was the proximate cause of Trump’s electoral victory.
The sweeping and systematic Russian interference is a threat to our political system. They infiltrated state voting infrastructures and our internet, which is where it seems most people seem to get their information nowadays. A mere 60,000 votes in 3 states determined the outcome for President Trump in the Electoral College.

Yeah, I do believe Russian interference impacted the election, and some other foreign power could do the same except next time, the shoe could be on the other foot and your candidate could lose.That is why we have to take strong measures against this from happening again.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2019, 04:31 PM   #90
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Sincere question: Do you guys really believe that “sweeping and systematic” Russian interference “propelled” Trump to win the election? Because there is literally no evidence whatsoever that Russian interference of any kind influenced a single vote, much less that it was the proximate cause of Trump’s electoral victory.
I was going to ask the same thing. In the last 2+ years, I have seen no evidence that one single vote or any votes were influenced by the Russians. In fact, evidence has shown that there was no vote tampering. In addition, the investigation said there was no collusion (what ever that is).

How can people keep pumping this out as truth?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 5
lakefront266.50
MKSixer22913.50
Eriphill1864.50

07-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #91
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Details matter and the details are not analogous between the two. Basically Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about an affair he had with an extremely, comparatively, young subordinate. Trump was never disposed, because he's a pathological liar, and it appears that his written statements provide a lot of wiggle room.

People forget that Trump et al. really didn't expect to win the campaign and their actions support it. They were oblivious to what was going on and amateurish.

BTW, exonerated. like collusion, is not a legal term used by prosecutors. It's fluff.

It was clear that members around Trump would not decline the receipt of information on Hillary. That's different from soliciting and coordinating with others to obtain information.
Lewinsky-Sorry-the young lady was between 22 and 25 years of age and knew what the heck she was doing. The whole prosecution was puritanical and ridiculous in comparison to what we have learned from the Mueller report where the sanctity of our election system is under attack by a sworn foreign adversary.

Our current situation is a much, much more serious threat to our nation than Bill Clinton's affairs of the heart.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #92
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Food for thought:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/putin-h...on-11555666201

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/pol...2016-elections

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-46590890

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/19/63028...fers-new-clues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d-affect-vote/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1OG257

As an example, take the The Seth Rich affair. Some on here have been posting quite recently that they still believed it. Others on here believe it.........It was a Russian hoax. Many other, numerous examples are easy to find.
      07-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #93
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Food for thought:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/putin-h...on-11555666201

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/pol...2016-elections

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-46590890

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/19/63028...fers-new-clues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d-affect-vote/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1OG257

As an example, take the The Seth Rich affair. Some on here have been posting quite recently that they still believed it. Others on here believe it.........It was a Russian hoax. Many other, numerous examples are easy to find.
Do any of these esteemed publications have a take on the 2+ year hoax on Mr. Trump colluding with Mr. Putin & Co.?

Asking for a friend.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #94
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Do any of these esteemed publications have a take on the 2+ year hoax on Mr. Trump colluding with Mr. Putin & Co.?

Asking for a friend.

That is not the discussion we were having. And you are using loaded language, but trying to coyly be implying that what you are suggesting is true.

You seem to have an idea, yet we have no idea where it comes from. To refute this properly, let us know how you came about this information none of us can seem to attain.

Nowhere did I mention trump on the conspiracy angle. However, the obstruction angle is well proven. Why obstruct this investigation? I think that is the question you should be asking.

Your thoughts?
      07-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #95
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I was going to ask the same thing. In the last 2+ years, I have seen no evidence that one single vote or any votes were influenced by the Russians. In fact, evidence has shown that there was no vote tampering. In addition, the investigation said there was no collusion (what ever that is).

How can people keep pumping this out as truth?
Because it makes them feel better about losing an election.

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #96
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Because it makes them feel better about losing an election.
And when Donald gets re-elected they will all be saying, “ we really tried to get him out”.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #97
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
The sweeping and systematic Russian interference is a threat to our political system. They infiltrated state voting infrastructures and our internet, which is where it seems most people seem to get their information nowadays. A mere 60,000 votes in 3 states determined the outcome for President Trump in the Electoral College.

Yeah, I do believe Russian interference impacted the election, and some other foreign power could do the same except next time, the shoe could be on the other foot and your candidate could lose.That is why we have to take strong measures against this from happening again.
So then are you worried about the internet bias affecting millions of votes? Or illegal immigrants doing the same. Outrage is cuz of who won.
Appreciate 4
SakhirM410204.00
MKSixer22913.50

07-26-2019, 06:36 PM   #98
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:

Eh? I must have missed that one.
Link?

I sincerely hope your patriotism regarding 'never happens again' is active when the Horowitz, Barr and Durham reports come out.
If any or all show malfeasance within our government, I expect you to applaud the due diligence that went into the exposing of it.
      07-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #99
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Lastly.

I read an article with that Donnie Dutch (sp?) from MSNBC.
"This is now all out war and if that means unfair tactics, so be it"

Raise your hand if that alarms you coming from a news channel.
      07-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #100
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Details matter and the details are not analogous between the two. Basically Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about an affair he had with an extremely, comparatively, young subordinate. Trump was never disposed, because he's a pathological liar, and it appears that his written statements provide a lot of wiggle room.

People forget that Trump et al. really didn't expect to win the campaign and their actions support it. They were oblivious to what was going on and amateurish.

BTW, exonerated. like collusion, is not a legal term used by prosecutors. It's fluff.

It was clear that members around Trump would not decline the receipt of information on Hillary. That's different from soliciting and coordinating with others to obtain information.
Lewinsky-Sorry-the young lady was between 22 and 25 years of age and knew what the heck she was doing. The whole prosecution was puritanical and ridiculous in comparison to what we have learned from the Mueller report where the sanctity of our election system is under attack by a sworn foreign adversary.

Our current situation is a much, much more serious threat to our nation than Bill Clinton's affairs of the heart.
And so what? Again, Clinton was impeached for lying. That gave the GOP a legal justification for impeachment. Clinton should've told the truth but hubris got in the way. At the moment the Dems can only go after Trump's lack of character.

Why are you tying election interference, not the first time the US has been interfered with, as a reason to impeach Trump?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 07:14 PM   #101
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Lastly.

I read an article with that Donnie Dutch (sp?) from MSNBC.
"This is now all out war and if that means unfair tactics, so be it"

Raise your hand if that alarms you coming from a news channel.
The proper spelling is Douche.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2019, 07:24 PM   #102
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
That is not the discussion we were having. And you are using loaded language, but trying to coyly be implying that what you are suggesting is true.

You seem to have an idea, yet we have no idea where it comes from. To refute this properly, let us know how you came about this information none of us can seem to attain.

Nowhere did I mention trump on the conspiracy angle. However, the obstruction angle is well proven. Why obstruct this investigation? I think that is the question you should be asking.

Your thoughts?
I was replying tongue-in-cheek but if you wish to make is serious I can. The Dossier has been proven to be a largely false document and was the foundation of the of the FISA warrants as well as the entire investigation.

Andrew Weissman will be proven to be the mastermind of the Mueller Investigation and we all know that he is a slippery operator with one of the worst track records in the country.

As I said in February and March of 2019, let it unfold. This unfolded to be a hoax. There is no collusion and the rest will unravel like a cheap suit.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410204.00

07-26-2019, 07:48 PM   #103
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
I'm VERY impressed that Dumpster Fire is doing so well!!

Appreciate 1
SakhirM410204.00

07-27-2019, 08:35 AM   #104
SumBMWGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: A German Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And so what? Again, Clinton was impeached for lying. That gave the GOP a legal justification for impeachment. Clinton should've told the truth but hubris got in the way. At the moment the Dems can only go after Trump's lack of character.

Why are you tying election interference, not the first time the US has been interfered with, as a reason to impeach Trump?
Trump directed others to lie and lied himself. How is that different?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 08:52 AM   #105
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC and a Volvo XC60 T6i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yup - you are correct and an obstruction of justice charge could be levied. But the odds of a prosecutor taking it up is damn slim. Even if you could get a prosecutor to file the charges, the chance of a guilty verdict in court would be nearly zero. Hence the comment below:
My comment was simply proving his comment (and others on here who have stated that same) is patently false. As to your comment, although I would agree it makes it harder to get a conviction without and underlying crime, to state a chance of a guilty verdict in court of being nearly zero is going a bit far.
      07-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #106
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
My comment was simply proving his comment (and others on here who have stated that same) is patently false. As to your comment, although I would agree it makes it harder to get a conviction without and underlying crime, to state a chance of a guilty verdict in court of being nearly zero is going a bit far.
I am unaware of any single case being charged and convicted with respect to obstruction on an original charge where the arrest was found without merit; no valid basis; insufficient setting forth of facts; or no valid claim of deprivation of a legal right; or a not-guilty verdict was levied.

Please provide stare decisis with respect to your statement if you believe I am being a bit overzealous in my comment.
      07-27-2019, 09:25 AM   #107
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At this point in time, I am not sure it could be proven either way. However, given time to study it enough and if they could drill down exactly who was targeted in what manner I think they could figure it out to some extent.

However, I don't really think that is the point. No outside government should be trying to influence our elections in the manner that Russia did leading up to the 2016 election no matter who the candidate is. And I think the Federal government (read that the Senate) sitting on their ass doing basically nothing about it is a big problem. Trump refuses to even acknowledge the problem because his fragile ego thinks he would be some kind of illegitimate president if he did.

But as a side note and somewhat related. I grew up through the 60's, 70's, and 80's where there was a very distinct possibility that we would go to war with Russia and that is all you ever heard about. We even had drills in school over it. Russia has never been our friend even to this day and no matter what Trump says, Putin is an evil person. I have very strong feelings about candidates doing business with Russia and lying about it. Trump lied through his teeth during the campaign about this time and again.

So I will tell you one vote that was without a doubt effected by Trump's shady dealings with Russia during campaign...mine. I would have never voted for Trump had I known this.
      07-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #108
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am unaware of any single case being charged and convicted with respect to obstruction on an original charge where the arrest was found without merit; no valid basis; insufficient setting forth of facts; or no valid claim of deprivation of a legal right; or a not-guilty verdict was levied.

Please provide stare decisis with respect to your statement if you believe I am being a bit overzealous in my comment.
Martha Stewart.
      07-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #109
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
At this point in time, I am not sure it could be proven either way. However, given time to study it enough and if they could drill down exactly who was targeted in what manner I think they could figure it out to some extent.

However, I don't really think that is the point. No outside government should be trying to influence our elections in the manner that Russia did leading up to the 2016 election no matter who the candidate is. And I think the Federal government (read that the Senate) sitting on their ass doing basically nothing about it is a big problem. Trump refuses to even acknowledge the problem because his fragile ego thinks he would be some kind of illegitimate president if he did.

But as a side note and somewhat related. I grew up through the 60's, 70's, and 80's where there was a very distinct possibility that we would go to war with Russia and that is all you ever heard about. We even had drills in school over it. Russia has never been our friend even to this day and no matter what Trump says, Putin is an evil person. I have very strong feelings about candidates doing business with Russia and lying about it. Trump lied through his teeth during the campaign about this time and again.

So I will tell you one vote that was without a doubt effected by Trump's shady dealings with Russia during campaign...mine. I would have never voted for Trump had I known this.
And now you will get to vote for a virtue signaling, illegal loving, man hating, white hating, pos to prove a point and cause more damage good plan.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410204.00

07-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #110
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Martha Stewart.
Scooter Libby