BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Apple Carplay Active By Usb

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #89
yaataa
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Lisbon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
You really need to use PC with ENET cable. Seller doesnít lie
Oww... Well, the cable is on its way. What software should I use to install the BIN file?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #90
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaataa View Post
Oww... Well, the cable is on its way. What software should I use to install the BIN file?
It won't be a BIN file. You should contact your seller or ask for refund.
__________________
Apple CarPlay for NBT EVO
Fullscreen CarPlay Mod
Remote Coding Services

EVO ID4 -> ID6 Flashing incl. CarPlay Fullscreen
PM ME for more information
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:44 AM   #91
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Is the Carplay FSC number 143? I have VO coded 6AC and have generated the fsc file with HU Tool 2.6 but since my car has 07-19 can it still work and can fsc be installed with esys, is so how do I do it without deleting all fsc and keep the option that the delaer can do a full update later on.

CarPlay FSC number is 143 that is correct.
You can't mix OEM and FAKE FSC.
Also stolen copy of HU TOOL 2.6 won't work on 19/07 car.
__________________
Apple CarPlay for NBT EVO
Fullscreen CarPlay Mod
Remote Coding Services

EVO ID4 -> ID6 Flashing incl. CarPlay Fullscreen
PM ME for more information
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #92
mrgicm
Captain
mrgicm's Avatar
189
Rep
602
Posts

Drives: BMW M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
CarPlay FSC number is 143 that is correct.
You can't mix OEM and FAKE FSC.
Also stolen copy of HU TOOL 2.6 won't work on 19/07 car.
Thank you. On some forums it is publicly available as it should be.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #93
kay.87
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: m4
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Many offer it, including me, and it works.
Can You offert me please Carplay activation
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #94
Hybridsaf
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 530e
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Hello guys I recently tried to buy one of these softwares that you download onto a usb and then plug into your car to activate Apple AirPlay, however it didnít work and after contacting the company they said that I need to plug my car into a laptop and do it that way a bit too technical for me plus I donít even have the wire that connects to the car that way. Anyway is there anyone that can suggest a solution for me? Or know somewhere that can do this?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #95
Hybridsaf
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 530e
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerman19 View Post
Almaretto, I'd appreciate it if you could reach out to me as well. Currently own a 2019 (June) which doesn't have CarPlay, or the ability to subscribe to said service. I'd like to be able to discuss my options.

Phil
Hey did you get it in the end buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #96
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridsaf View Post
Hello guys I recently tried to buy one of these softwares that you download onto a usb and then plug into your car to activate Apple AirPlay, however it didnít work and after contacting the company they said that I need to plug my car into a laptop and do it that way a bit too technical for me plus I donít even have the wire that connects to the car that way. Anyway is there anyone that can suggest a solution for me? Or know somewhere that can do this?
Hello,
I assume itís like company said. ENET cable required, simple and easy. In some software versions it canít be done with USB.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #97
kay.87
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: m4
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Hello,
I assume itís like company said. ENET cable required, simple and easy. In some software versions .
Hi, how can i check my car canít be done with USB? Thank for reply.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:28 PM   #98
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1936
Rep
7,785
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridsaf View Post
Hello guys I recently tried to buy one of these softwares that you download onto a usb and then plug into your car to activate Apple AirPlay, however it didnít work and after contacting the company they said that I need to plug my car into a laptop and do it that way a bit too technical for me plus I donít even have the wire that connects to the car that way. Anyway is there anyone that can suggest a solution for me? Or know somewhere that can do this?
ENET solution is not very technical.

Basically launch program, load file or enter code, and click a few buttons. Then, software does everything for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 04:22 AM   #99
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay.87 View Post
Hi, how can i check my car canít be done with USB? Thank for reply.
Software with NBTEvo_P,Q,R,S,U can't be done by USB.
You can check in the place where you check your navigation version.
__________________
Apple CarPlay for NBT EVO
Fullscreen CarPlay Mod
Remote Coding Services

EVO ID4 -> ID6 Flashing incl. CarPlay Fullscreen
PM ME for more information
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 05:58 AM   #100
kay.87
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: m4
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Software with NBTEvo_P,Q,R,S,U can't be done by USB.
You can check in the place where you check your navigation version.
Hi, thank you for reply. So when i have NBTEvo_H*** its will be ok? And can You offert me please Carplay activation? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:07 AM   #101
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay.87 View Post
Hi, thank you for reply. So when i have NBTEvo_H*** its will be ok? And can You offert me please Carplay activation? Thanks.
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #102
MadRed
New Member
MadRed's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW F16
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I have "U" version of the software.

I activated 30 day trial of Apple CarPlay.

What is the best (CLEANEST) way to keep the CarPlay past activation?

Car is under warranty and I don't want to raise suspicion.

Thank you.

Alex
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #103
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRed View Post
I have "U" version of the software.

I activated 30 day trial of Apple CarPlay.

What is the best (CLEANEST) way to keep the CarPlay past activation?

Car is under warranty and I don't want to raise suspicion.

Thank you.

Alex
Only option for you is to use ENET activation.
You can also restore OEM before dealer visit.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #104
MadRed
New Member
MadRed's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW F16
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRed View Post
I have "U" version of the software.

I activated 30 day trial of Apple CarPlay.

What is the best (CLEANEST) way to keep the CarPlay past activation?

Car is under warranty and I don't want to raise suspicion.

Thank you.

Alex
Only option for you is to use ENET activation.
You can also restore OEM before dealer visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRed View Post
I have "U" version of the software.

I activated 30 day trial of Apple CarPlay.

What is the best (CLEANEST) way to keep the CarPlay past activation?

Car is under warranty and I don't want to raise suspicion.

Thank you.

Alex
Only option for you is to use ENET activation.
You can also restore OEM before dealer visit.
Does that require new certificates, or is it just coding?

I don't know how the trial is activated, but since I have it working now, should it be just a switch to make it permanent?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 02:06 PM   #105
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRed View Post
Does that require new certificates, or is it just coding?

I don't know how the trial is activated, but since I have it working now, should it be just a switch to make it permanent?
Trial is activated through Connected Drive.
Activation is done through certificates and coding.

Last edited by kubax86; 02-16-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 02:31 AM   #106
ejlover06
Private
ejlover06's Avatar
Turkey
8
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Ankara

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
ENET solution is not very technical.

Basically launch program, load file or enter code, and click a few buttons. Then, software does everything for you.

I'm an engineer with a PhD degree but even for me (a user who never used Esys) it is scary enough. There are many menus in Esys and none of them is understandable from their titles also most of the things are in German. VO coding, FDL coding etc there are many terms being spoken in here which also doesn't make any sense to a beginner. Is there a quick start guide anywhere? Also are we supposed to pay for prolauncher to use Esys? Or is it only for cheat codes?

Until now I've used Bimmercode expert mode but I doesn't read all the ECUs so I need Esys for Carplay or SLI coding.
__________________
2017 G30 520 (1.6lt)
2016 S1000RR
2014 W205
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:09 AM   #107
kubax86
Lieutenant
Germany
260
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: World

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
I'm an engineer with a PhD degree but even for me (a user who never used Esys) it is scary enough. There are many menus in Esys and none of them is understandable from their titles also most of the things are in German. VO coding, FDL coding etc there are many terms being spoken in here which also doesn't make any sense to a beginner. Is there a quick start guide anywhere? Also are we supposed to pay for prolauncher to use Esys? Or is it only for cheat codes?

Until now I've used Bimmercode expert mode but I doesn't read all the ECUs so I need Esys for Carplay or SLI coding.
E-Sys is not required for CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 07:07 AM   #108
creativ101
Second Lieutenant
18
Rep
284
Posts

Drives: G30
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: uk

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRed View Post
I have "U" version of the software.

I activated 30 day trial of Apple CarPlay.

What is the best (CLEANEST) way to keep the CarPlay past activation?

Car is under warranty and I don't want to raise suspicion.

Thank you.

Alex
Can i ask how you got a trial version.. I called the connected drive team and they told me there isnt a trial available for carplay.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #109
v1valame
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW 525d G30
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Moldova

iTrader: (0)

Hi,I got full FSC code set with HU tool, can anybody tell me how to upload them to my car (G30 2017), I only need Carplay.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 05:33 PM   #110
mrgicm
Captain
mrgicm's Avatar
189
Rep
602
Posts

Drives: BMW M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1valame View Post
Hi,I got full FSC code set with HU tool, can anybody tell me how to upload them to my car (G30 2017), I only need Carplay.
You know you have to apply patch to your HU before apllaying FSC? It also depends what I step you are on, it it is neweer there is Chance that HU tool 2.x will not work.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST