BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Display Key

02-11-2021, 08:17 AM   #1
StefanAnton
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 540I

Display Key

I have the normal key and i would like to know how much would it cost to switch with the display key(i am not interested to move the car with the key, just to have it functional and open close the var etc.)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
marsb007
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

First, have you seen the display key? That thing is like 2-3 times the size of a normal key.

Second, if you don't need remote parking, why don't you just use your phone for the other functionality you are looking for?

Third, I find it annoying that the display key needs to be recharged fairly often...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

+1

Go to a dealer to get one if you really want one but I think you will find the general consensus on these forums is unless you need remote parking it's of no benefit over the phone app

Mine has sat in the cupboard since I bought the car, I find the phone app far more useful.

Although I would not describe as huge it is none the less relatively larger than a normal key.

Personally I would save your. Money but at the end of day obviously your call
Appreciate 1
Lancelot567.50
      02-17-2021, 06:26 PM   #4
StefanAnton
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
+1

Go to a dealer to get one if you really want one but I think you will find the general consensus on these forums is unless you need remote parking it's of no benefit over the phone app

Mine has sat in the cupboard since I bought the car, I find the phone app far more useful.

Although I would not describe as huge it is none the less relatively larger than a normal key.

Personally I would save your. Money but at the end of day obviously your call
I just wanted to know a price on it to see if it is worth it or not. I just like the key very much, it s not about the functionality of it
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 01:46 AM   #5
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Have you rung your dealer? They will need to code it to your car anyway. I thought I read it here somewhere that were several hundred pounds/ dollars.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 01:00 PM   #6
StefanAnton
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Have you rung your dealer? They will need to code it to your car anyway. I thought I read it here somewhere that were several hundred pounds/ dollars.
No, I wanted to know a price before talking to my dealer but that's what I will probably do
Appreciate 0