BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications M550i - Dinan or Eisenmann Axle-Back?

02-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #1
dscabra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Garage List
M550i - Dinan or Eisenmann Axle-Back?

I really want to get a bit more aggressive sound, but have concerns and preferences in my head that have me undecided.

1. I don't want to sound like a race car diving my 5 series, but want to enhance the V8 exhaust note. Looking for that throaty low tone without drone at cruising speed on the highway.

2. If I'm going to spend the money, I want to be sure the sound difference is noticeable without going too loud.

3. I actually like the look of the 4" Dinan tips better than the Eisenmann, but can accept the Eisenmann if the consensus is that it better satisfies my desires in items 1 and 2.

Also, it's not clear to me if both of these systems work with the stock rear valance.

What does everyone think?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 10:04 AM   #2
blackdog2222
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Also not a fan of the stock trapezoid exhaust tips. Replaced them with the Dinan exhaust and 4 inch tips. Nice look and added a little horsepower. But you probably are not to going to achieve the sound you are after unless you also delete the resonators with an x-pipe as well. Then the low base tones really come out.
Dinan tips fit 2018-2020 M550 rear diffusers, not sure about 2021 ? Not that familiar with Eisenmann exhaust other than being more expensive that Dinan.
Appreciate 1
dscabra4958.50
      02-27-2021, 03:19 PM   #3
dscabra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Garage List
Well, I'm not sure I want to spend the kind of $$ these systems ring in at just for different tips. I've already pulled the valve control fuse with the flaps open, so maybe that'll just have to do. I may also look at removing the resonators, but don't want to introduce the drone the resonator is supposed to eliminate. Still on the fence I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #4
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
Well, I'm not sure I want to spend the kind of $$ these systems ring in at just for different tips. I've already pulled the valve control fuse with the flaps open, so maybe that'll just have to do. I may also look at removing the resonators, but don't want to introduce the drone the resonator is supposed to eliminate. Still on the fence I guess.
From what I've heard, resonator delete doesn't introduce much, if any, drone on a 2021.

I pulled the exhaust valve fuse and like it. But wanted more noise so I ordered the full Remus cat back system instead of doing a res delete + a separate rear exhaust.

From what I've heard, the Dinan tips are pretty huge and I didn't want that look personally. The Remus ones aren't small, but they're a bit smaller - and the system has been confirmed to fit 2021 cars from both Remus USA and Germany FWIW
Appreciate 0