BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Oil pan leak

03-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #1
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Oil pan leak

So, took my 2019 M550 in for the first service which I pay for, at just short of 40K miles. Have had no problems with this car. Anyway, they do the overall check, and find the upper oil pan is leaking. Upper oil pan? Anyway, that is covered by vehicle warranty, so they order parts, keep my car for two nights, and complete the service. Meanwhile, since production is limited due to COVID, I had an Enterprise Rental Kia K5 as a loaner, paid for by BMW. Took my car in Monday, got it back today. $500 for the oil service, replacing the cabin filter, and the inspection service. New oil pan gasket and attachments were covered under warranty. Not a bad experience overall, just different due to COVID restrictions. But soooooo glad to have my M550 back. The Kia was OK in Sport Mode, but........you know what I mean? We are very lucky to be driving the cars we are driving. Things always happen to make me appreciate that fact!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #2
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
I just got my car - 2018 M550i CPO - I know what you mean!! I have a employer provided vehicle that's a brand new Ford fusion four-cylinder —- every time I get out of my car and hop into my free employer-provided vehicle I wonder where all the power went...

I find myself thinking there are plenty of people who pay their hard earned money and a Ford fusion for banger is all they can afford ...

Yes we are lucky !! Or maybe it's not so much luck it's all that hard work!
Appreciate 0