BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Entered the lotto for a 530E

10-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #45
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BWM 530E

Well after 113 days in QC it has changed. I just hope not too much has been delete, there are no stop sales at port and it's not a lemon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #46
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Another change today, I hope it keeps up this pace.

Does anyone know if they have deleted item, will they be deleted from the "YOUR SELECTED OPTIONS"?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #47
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

It made it to the port!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #48
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

It hard to believe that the car is "IN TRANSIT". Just over 8 month since I ordered it. Now it just need to get the stop sale on the camera complete at VPC. Then one more trip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #49
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i

NOSNOW, you must have the patience of a saint. If I had ordered a 2021 in March and didn't have it yet, I would have given up on it long ago. It is a very nice build and I am sure you will be thrilled with it. I look forward to your posts after delivery.

My M550i has been in the production queue since October 5. I spoke with a genius yesterday and he said it would be completed on October 22. I am not sure if that is before or after the quality checks. He told me to expect it to sit at the port for at least a week before being loaded on the ship. There could be many delays but he indicated that I should have the car before Christmas. I am hopeful but not over-confident.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #50
Duane_in_Chicago
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSNOW View Post
It hard to believe that the car is "IN TRANSIT". Just over 8 month since I ordered it. Now it just need to get the stop sale on the camera complete at VPC. Then one more trip.
That's awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #51
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane_in_Chicago View Post
That's awesome.
Did you car make on the ship?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #52
Duane_in_Chicago
Private
Rep

Quote:
Did you car make on the ship?
No update yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 11:25 AM   #53
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The car has made it this side of the Atlantic. It's in Baltimore, but it's at the Volkswagen port now - Should move over to Dundalk some time. Still have a stop sale for the cameras. But it is getting closer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #54
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The car has made it this side of the Atlantic. It's in Baltimore, but it's at the Volkswagen port now - Should move over to Dundalk some time. Still have a stop sale for the cameras. But it is getting closer.
I don't quite understand. My car should have the same cameras as yours but I don't think I have a stop sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 12:31 PM   #55
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelinc View Post
I don't quite understand. My car should have the same cameras as yours but I don't think I have a stop sale.
Don't know for sure -- lots of assumptions following -

Theory 1: My car was built back in June, they ran out of cameras so BMW just parked it out in their field. As cameras came in they were assigned to new cars to keep the assembly line running, and pissing off less customer. October came and they needed to harvest the pumpkins in the field. So they put the car on the ship to have VPC handle the problem, as there cameras are assigned to the production line.

Theory 2: The car was used for spare parts for the last 4 month, to keep the production line running. Parts were being take off and put on daily. It finally got down to missing only the cameras so they put it on the ship, before it was stripped again.

Theory 3: They had a summer inter doing the scheduling, and they need a car for the summer for them. They are now back in school, so the car got put in line to get on a ship.

Theory 4: It is/was not really on the ship, they just like playing game and it's going back into QC next week.

Theory 5: Someone at BMW just wanted to piss me off.

Theory 6: [SENSORED]

Theory 7: It's all just luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 02:39 PM   #56
Duane_in_Chicago
Private
Rep

Quote:

Theory 1: My car was built back in June, they ran out of cameras so BMW just parked it out in their field. As cameras came in they were assigned to new cars to keep the assembly line running, and pissing off less customer. October came and they needed to harvest the pumpkins in the field. So they put the car on the ship to have VPC handle the problem, as there cameras are assigned to the production line.

Theory 2: The car was used for spare parts for the last 4 month, to keep the production line running. Parts were being take off and put on daily. It finally got down to missing only the cameras so they put it on the ship, before it was stripped again.

Theory 3: They had a summer inter doing the scheduling, and they need a car for the summer for them. They are now back in school, so the car got put in line to get on a ship.

Theory 4: It is/was not really on the ship, they just like playing game and it's going back into QC next week.

Thanks for the laugh! I guess it's better than crying.

Last edited by Duane_in_Chicago; 10-26-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 03:02 PM   #57
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane_in_Chicago View Post
Thanks for the laugh! I guess it's better then crying.
I appreciate NOSNOWs humor and his patience in all of this frustration.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 07:26 PM   #58
IndyZack
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M550

I feel your pain.

Quote:

I went through the same thing on my M550. I wrote the dealer a check on 2/13 and was told 8-10 weeks for the car. After a month I contacted the sales(wo)man, who told me they were still waiting on an allocation. I got the allocation in early April with a first week of June build. It became scheduled for production the first week of June, but didn't enter the assembly line until June 19th. It then progressed to "Quality Check" over then next few days and then sat in "Quality Check" from the 3rd week of June until the last week of September when it went from awaiting carrier assignment, to at port over the course of a few days. Then it said in transit for 10 or so days, then back to at port. It sat there for about a week then went back to in transit, and finally arrived at the dealer on 10/21 - or 250 days from "ordering" to "arrived".

The things I know that held my car up:
Handsfree lift gate, was a standard feature on '21 M550 but removed with a credit on my window sticker.
RAM Module - was listed in the active service bulletins for my build.

Things that probably held it up.
Bowers and Wilkins surround - removed for '22MY
Parking Assistance Package - comes and goes as available option on '22MY
Carbon Pro spoiler - not on configurator
Wireless Charger/Digital Key - removed for '22MY
M550/540 0-60 Traction Control Issue - Resolved with software update in September
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #59
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep

NOSNOW, it looks like your car was in Bremerhaven only 3 days before getting on a ship? That was fast. Also, it got to Baltimore relatively quickly. What is the status now?

Mine has been in Bremerhaven for the past 3 days. I am really hoping it gets loaded on a ship soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:22 AM   #60
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NOSNOW, it looks like your car was in Bremerhaven only 3 days before getting on a ship? That was fast. Also, it got to Baltimore relatively quickly. What is the status now?

Mine has been in Bremerhaven for the past 3 days. I am really hoping it gets loaded on a ship soon!
It is sitting at Baltimore with a stop sale for cameras.

I'm hopping that our cars on the same truck to dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:28 AM   #61
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It is sitting at Baltimore with a stop sale for cameras.

I'm hopping that our cars on the same truck to dealership.
As long as you have waited, you certainly deserve to get yours first! I would think they would get the cameras installed quickly...assuming they have them. The website could be somewhat behind. Your car could already be on the train to Minnesota?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #62
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As long as you have waited, you certainly deserve to get yours first! I would think they would get the cameras installed quickly...assuming they have them. The website could be somewhat behind. Your car could already be on the train to Minnesota?
From what I have seen this site is usually up to date and it still show that it is open.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:43 AM   #63
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
From what I have seen this site is usually up to date and it still show that it is open.
I hope it is resolved soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #64
NOSNOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Checked after I got home tonight and it has changed to closed. I hope this is good news.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 06:33 AM   #65
Brucelinc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Checked after I got home tonight and it has changed to closed. I hope this is good news.
That sounds like good news!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 11:36 AM   #66
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

What is the web site address you are using for the BMW Recall Info Tool?
Appreciate 0