BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Amazon Alexa and 7/2021 Update

11-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #1
taskrov
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 530ix Sport Line

Garage List
2020 BMW 530ix  [0.00]
Amazon Alexa and 7/2021 Update

I took my MY2020 530ix to the dealer for tire fix today. I also mentioned to the SA that Alexa was crashing in the car and I need the valet switch installed next time I come.

It turned out that when they pulled the screw from the tire, the tire was not leaking. The screw had a large head (I could hear it hitting the pavement when I drove slowly) but it was not long enough to cause a leak. I do have the tire & wheel coverage, so no new tire needed.

When I got my car back I saw that they ordered the part for the valet switch and also updated the software. At first I did not noticed anything different besides the usual resetting of some options (e.g. folding mirror) but while driving home I observed that the accelerator and brake characteristics have been changed. The accelerator is now less "laggy" in the Comfort mode and the brakes needed less pressure. It was definitely a significant and positive change. I always thought that the acceleration in Comfort mode was a bit lazy. I checked IMPRINT and sure enough it said 7/2021 software. I was on 3/2021.

I addition, Alexa now works in the car. It is a bit complicated to set up but once it connects (all four App connection icons have to be active) it works like expected. I have not yet tried if Alexa can be active together with CarPlay/AA.

My OnePlus 7T still disconnect from AA but my Pixel 6 is arriving today and I am hopping it will not have random disconnects.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
taskrov
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 530ix Sport Line

Garage List
2020 BMW 530ix  [0.00]
Pixel 6 appears to work with AA. I have not seen any disconnects for the past couple of days.

Update: Alexa and AA work together fine. Initially I had make the last connection (for Apps) from the phone to get Alexa work, but for the past few days the phone reconnects automatically when I drive off.

Last edited by taskrov; 11-27-2021 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Added more info
Appreciate 1